It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Chapter 5, Page 27, Book 10

When we are thankful for what we have, we want to share it with others

It is Thankful Thursday and as always I really do have a lot to be thankful for.

I am thankful that I had the opportunity to spend a month caring for our little Lucky guy while his mom and dad were at work.

I'm thankful that I got to attend our Princesses violin concert

I'm thankful that my car (the silver streak) got me safely back and forth

I'm thankful that I have my camper and that part of my family is there to enjoy camping with too

I'm thankful that my health continues to be good and even though I move much slower I am still able to do most anything.

I'm thankful for nice weather for this coming Memorial Day weekend.

I'm thankful for all the military guys and gals that work so diligently to keep our country safe so that we can enjoy the many freedoms we have

I am so very thankful for these and all the blessings that the good Lord pours out daily. My cup is full and overflowing.

I'm on my way to the camper this morning. The last of my traveling for a little while any way. I'll be taking pictures to share with you all of our family celebration . 4 of my 7 children and their families will be camping together and I'll be praying for safe travels for them and for the safety of all those traveling this holiday weekend.

I hope that this Thursday you too can find lots to be THANKFUL for.

'On Ya'-ma

8 comments:

Sharon's Cottage Quilts said...

You are Beautiful MA! Have a wonderful time with your children~~! Hugs~Sharon

grammy said...

I love it that you shared a picture. I feel like I know you better (o:
Have a great camping weekend.
We are staying here because #2 son is coming home and has been going through a rough time. We will camp some other time.....soon I hope.

Kath said...

We all have much to be thankful for Ma don't we?As always safe jounreys and ENJOY.Take Care God Bless Kath xx

Sybil said...

Have a wonderful weekend Ma, enjoy every moment you are all together....as if I need to tell you that. We are celebrating my sister and BIL Godlen wedding this weekend (and next) Unfortunately the weather which has been lovely is going to break on Saturday or so they say and it will be a wet day...with over 50 people expected I think mild panic is starting !!
still I am thinkful that they have spent 50 haooy years together. We will miss Jacqueline very much especially at this time
Love Sybil xx

JCWillow99@gmail.com said...

What a wonderful list.. And love the picture of you and your granddaughter. I know you are having a blast enjoying yourself with all those grandbabes.
Take care...

That corgi :) said...

what a sweet picture of you and your grand-daughter, Ma! she is a beautiful young woman (takes after you I do believe :)

have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend! I think that is neat that so many of your family will be there enjoying camping with you; I'm sure lots of memories will be made!

betty

Ora said...

Hi Ma...and I am thankful I have your blog to drop by from time to time...with your wonderful words..cheerful smile...and keeping us all on an even road to happiness....have a great time at the camper....hugs...Ora in KY

jack69 said...

I don't know how I missed this entry. Lovely and beautiful pic.

Always get a lift from your entries.