It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Chapter 5, Page 26, Book 10

Make the Most of Where You Are
By Author Unknown

Wherever you are, be there fully.
For where you are is where you can most effectively act and live.

If you're constantly wishing that you were somewhere else, you diminish the opportunities for where you are now. When your thoughts are in another place or time, your actions lose much of their effectiveness.

It's great to dream, to plan, to aspire, to reach for new and improved circumstances.
And yet the way to successfully do that is by being the best you can be in the place where you now find yourself.

It's great to keep yourself focused on an ambitious goal.
And that focus is the most effective when it is crafted from the perspective of where you are now.

To successfully travel the path from here to there, you must start with being fully here. The more you give your attention and energy to making the most of where you are, the more quickly you'll move along that path.

There is much to be accomplished, much to be lived in every place and in every moment.
Be there fully for all of them, and life will be rich indeed.


My days seem to fly by much faster now that I'm not working. Every moment has been filled with something. Today I leave on a little trip to DS#1's house. I'm going there so I can see our Princess's concert tonight. Tomorrow I'll be heading for my little place in the woods and hopefully have a nice long weekend just to relax.

My plan is to be there as much as possible. Time does really fly when you are having fun and I want to be able to slow down a bit and enjoy it. Bring on the lazy hazy days of summer!

Treasure every moment that you have! And treasure it more because you shared it with someone special, special enough to spend your time.

Remember that time waits for no one.

Have a wonderful Wednesday everyone!

'On Ya'-ma

6 comments:

grammy said...

Hope you do get to relax and enjoy the camper (o:

peggy said...

I knew you would be really busy and say I don't know how I ever found time to work. I'm really enjoying my yard and looks like most people are, not much blogging going on. I can always count on you when I have a break for some good reading. Happy Wednesday.

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Remember the days when you did all this "fun stuff" and worked, too...lol

Enjoy

That corgi :) said...

enjoy the concert, Ma! hoping the weather is sunny and warm for the long holiday weekend :)

betty

Kath said...

Time does fly by so quickly how true.Like you Ma I never seem to have a minute.I haven't stopped today since 5am and I am still at it commenting and it is turned 10pm in the evening.I hope you have a great time at Princesses concert and also a great weekend.Safe journeys.Take Care God bless Kath xx

jack69 said...

Another good entry Ma.
We made it a policy years ago to be happy where ever we are. It has worked for us.

I hope you can spend most of the summer at the place in the woods. The payoff is fantastic.