It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Chapter 5, Page 25, Book 10

This is Mr. Mouth. He is on a tree right in front of my camper deck and he always makes me SMILE. He does have a purpose and that is to hold birdseed in his mouth. He's a bird feeder and the birds that visit always make me smile too.

One of Mother Teresa's frequent newspaper interviewers asked her, Given your ministry, what can we do to live out the good life?

She did not say. Go, sell all you have and work with the poor, like me. But, instead, she said simply and directly, Smile at the people you live with.

The reporter was a bit surprised and he pressed the issue. That's easy for you to say. You don't face family pressures, and the workplace.

Oh, said Mother Teresa, I live with Jesus. Believe me, he's a hard person to live with.


It's not always easy to find a SMILE after a long day at work. I worked and took care of a family for many years and I know what it was like. Too often I brought the woes of the job home with me too. And on those days my family always knew I'd had a bad day at work.

Thankfully, they also knew I loved them even though I said or did a few things that weren't so nice, like slamming a few cupboard doors or burning their toast.

None of us is perfect and none of us can share a SMILE all the time, but I think the important thing is that we keep trying anyway. It's not easy to let go of our troubles and choose to SMILE. Sometimes it feels easier to yell and shout and that is where the hard part comes in.

I choose to SMILE and find a way to enjoy and celebrate every day!

One of life’s great lessons is this: we’re never sure just how things are going to turn out. We’ll live a good life if our attitude is always positive and we are determined to make the best of all situations that come our way.The good Lord gives the gift of life every day and we live, love and laugh in the present.

Have a TERRIFIC Tuesday everyone!

'On Ya'-ma

7 comments:

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Good advice!!
I learned long ago to leave work at the door as i left for the day...some times hard to do..

Smile and Enjoy

grammy said...

I love that Mother Teresa quote
We should all smile more (o:

That corgi :) said...

what a cute bird feeder and a good reminder to smile!! smiles are one of those things, like you mentioned before, that are free to give and so welcomed to receive :)

it is hard to smile though after a hard day at work or fighting traffic on the freeway, etc, but I think that is when God really wants us to smile and show his love even in the midst of us not feeling like it

However, I bet you have many reasons to smile these days

betty

Hollie said...

Good advice as always!

Ora said...

Hi Ma...so good to catch up with your wonderul words...and your camping life...and I love your header...beautiful flowers...God Bless...be safe...hugs..Ora in KY

jack69 said...

Love the entry,(he says with a smile)
We need to be reminded to accept our station in life, and smile.

We all are guilty of the occasional frown, but all in all, the smile can and will come through, if you are happy with yourself.
Good one, Ma!

Kath said...

Never bring work home with you my Father used to say,so Ma I tended not to when I worked.It was hard sometimes not to but I never did.I love the colour of the blooms on the rhododendrun in your header.I love MR SMILE too.He made me smile this morning thankyou.Have a great Wednesday.Keep smiling and I will too.Take Care God Bless Kath xx