It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, May 24, 2010

Chapter 5, Page 24, Book 10

A view our our campers on Party Hill taken April 2010

HOW TO BE WEALTHY

Friendships are priceless, time is invaluable,

health is wealth, and love is a treasure, so ...

Create a nest egg of beautiful memories that you can
dip into from time to time to ease any sorrows.

Have the kind of remembrances that raise you up with
their worth and keep you there with their wonder.

Always have a secret supply of hopes on hand

to help you plan your tomorrows.

Remember that when you invest in your dreams,
it is impossible to overpay.

Give away smiles and watch them
come back to you a hundred times over.

Stuff your pockets with kindness and optimism;
there is nothing more precious in the world.

I'm sharing this advice with you today because
YOU are such a valued part of my life.


by Author Unknown


I do love to give good advice to people I care about. So many years of learning lessons over and over have taught me many things. So when I saw the little poem above I knew I had to pass it on.

We all dream about what we would do if we were rich and most of time we are already are rich in what matters and don't even know it. If you don't have the important things in life, then money means absolutely nothing.

On my calendar it says today is MERRY Monday. And I can truthfully say I am going to have a merry one. I'm one of the richest people I know! I've got my pockets stuffed with hopes and dreams and I've got barrels of SMILES to give away too. What could I possible need that would even matter when I look and see nothing but the finer things in life all around.



Got no diamond, got no pearl,
Still I think I'm a lucky girl.
I've got the sun in the morning
And the moon at night.
Got no mansion, got no yacht,
Still I'm happy with what I got.
I've got the sun in the morning

And the moon at night

Sunshine gives me a lovely day,
Moonlight gives me the Milky Way.
Got no checkbooks, got no banks,
Still, I'd like to express my thanks.
I've got the sun in the morning
And the moon at night.
And with the sun in the morning
And the moon in the evening
I'm alright.

Got no butler, got no maid.
Still I think I've been overpaid,
I've got the sun in the morning
And the moon at night.
Got no silver, got no gold,
What you've got can't be bought or sold.
I've got the sun in the morning
And the moon at night.

Sunshine gives me a lovely day,
Moonlight gives me the Milky Way.
Got no heirlooms for my kin,
Made no will but when I cash in
I'll leave the sun in the morning
And the moon at night.
And with the sun in the morning
And the moon in the evening
I'm alright.

CHORUS:
Got no mansion, got no yacht,
Still I'm happy with what I got.
I've got the sun in the morning
And the moon at night.
Sunshine gives me a lovely day,
Moonlight gives me the Milky Way.

Have a Merry Monday everyone!


'On Ya'-ma


5 comments:

jack69 said...

YOu can be happy if youare a mind to!!!!!

Love the picture of the campers. OUr kind of life. Love the poem and song.
take care and have a great week.

grammy said...

I love that you always have a happy outlook. What better way to live our life.
I wish I was going to camp a lot this sumer...but it doesn't look like we will have to many trips. It is still so cold up there so Memorial Day is out....(o:
Glad your having a Merry Day

Buttercup said...

Having a merry Monday with my friend's visit. Enjoying the leisure and catching up time. We're off for lunch in a little while and then some shopping. Have a great day and thanks for being part of my happy memories.

Hollie said...

What a wonderful entry! You don't know how bad I needed to hear this. I already know it, but sometimes I just need to hear it! Thanks!

That corgi :) said...

this is a great motivational message for merry Monday, Ma! thanks for it :)

betty