It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, May 21, 2010

Chapter 5, Page 21, Book 10

IT'S FANTASTIC FRIDAY!

While staying with my youngest son and his wife in order to watch their baby for them this past month I sure have relived a lot of memories about when my own children were small. You know you have to do everything for a tiny baby. They depend on us for everything from clean and dry diapers to the nourishment they receive. They count on us to give them lots of love and tender care. They are just innocent sweet little things that learn what we teach them and we want to only teach them things that are good and true. We want to keep them close and shelter them from anything bad in the world.

There are times we wish we could keep them home safe with us for ever. Sometimes we forget that, no matter what our plans are, life happens and the babies grow up and are thrown into a world that is not always kind and loving. The thing is that we can teach them how to cope and thrive no matter what circumstances come their way.

We think sometimes that as long as we are good parents, no harm can come to our children. But I know more than most that bad stuff does happen. It happens to loving parents and it happens to innocent babes too. I've found that the best way to take care of my children and grandchildren is to give God the chance to do what he does best and that is be a Loving Father to our children. We can let go of worry and fear if we know that they are in the best of hands.

This Friday my duties as a baby sitting Grand'ma' come to end, for now anyway. I'll be traveling home alone. But I'll be praying that our dear Lord watches over my son and his family just as I pray for all my children and their families each and every day.

I hope your Friday is a FANTASTIC one and that you too can turn any bothersome worries or cares over to the One who takes care of them so much better than we can ever hope to,

'On Ya'-ma




4 comments:

Hollie said...

This entry really hits home to me this morning...as COlt is getting ready to spread his wings & fly. All I can do is Pray that the GOOD LORD will direct his path!

Ally Lifewithally said...

Hi Ma I would willing leave my Babies in your loving and tender care ~ your children are so very lucky to be able to call on you for help in caring for their babies ~ Ally x

That corgi :) said...

yep, we definitely are in the loving hands of God; we just need, like you said, Ma, to allow him to work and do what he does best; and just trust indeed in him

I bet it will be bittersweet not taking care of the baby as I know you did enjoy that time, but I know new adventures and camping will abound in the days ahead :)

betty

jack69 said...

Lotta good thoughts with some advice there. Good entry Ma!

I always wanted to keep every thing as a baby. Puppies just a few weeks old have the neatest smell, and are so loving.

Nothing like the baby smell just after a bath.
Thanks.....