It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Sunday, May 02, 2010

Chapter 5, Page 2, Book 10

It's R & R Day!


No day is ever ordinary, for every day is a good day -- a valuable gift given to us by the Maker of days. Therefore, each day is to be used wisely, enjoyed fully, and appreciated genuinely.

from one of my morning meditations.

Somedays it seems life is lacking any excitement, adventure, or joy... Go to work. Do the laundry. Cook the meals. Change the diapers. Pay the bills. Nothing new about any of it. If you're having a bad day, count it as an opportunity to change your mind.

Each day offers us the gift of being a special occasion if we can simply learn that as well as giving, it is blessed to receive with grace and a grateful heart

Sarah Ban Breathnach

I do hope your Sunday is filled with lots of that wonderful R&R. You are all in my thoughts and prayers always.

'On Ya'-ma

7 comments:

Hollie said...

Great entry. Just what I needed! Have a wonderful day!

Martha said...

Perfect! I sure wish you would consider joining our TMS team doing something like what you've posted here. You could do a "Positive Thoughts" post for our Sunday post each week. Will you give it some thought and let us know? Just leave a comment at TMS or email me at Lifes2odd@aol.com.
Thanks! :-)

grammy said...

all very good advice
I do a grat big smile (helps if no one sees this)
I just make myself do it for as long as I can...I read somewhere it cause the endorphins to flow
and brings better moods your way
of course you need to say
"Father...I need some help here"

That corgi :) said...

I like that advice Ma to think about looking for what is right in the world and in my life instead of what is wrong. That makes even the most mundane tasks seem not too bad to accomplish, being grateful we have hands to clean or change a baby's diapers, ability to walk to take out trash, etc. Very good thoughts this Sunday morning! I hope your day is a great one as you rest and relax :)

betty

scrappy quilter said...

Wonderful post. I hope your Sunday is absolutely perfect. Hugs

Ora said...

Hi Ma...guess you posted this entry just for me...and thanks..it was something I needed as a wake up call...I tend to let the bad take over what ever good there is around me these days...thanks again...hugs...Ora

Lainey Laine said...

Thank you Ma! Great advice as always. I did have a brilliant Sunday. We visited my partner's brother and his family. Laine xxx