It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Chapter 5, Page 19, Book 10

It's WONDERFUL Wednesday!

And today is May Ray Day, a time to celebrate the beginning of warm outdoor days

Oh how I hope the warmer days are now with us. I've had enough chills and am ready for some warmth and SUNSHINE!

We are supposed to have a sunny day here and I'm so happy! This month has been very rainy and there have been too many dreary dark days.

Spring is such a joyous time. It is a season of birth and renewal. There are so many wonderful things to love about spring. We now have an extra hour of daylight. This makes our evenings more sunny, and every thing is a lot more cheery as we are do things it in the light instead of in the dark

The sun provides us with that wonderful Vitamin D which is mother nature's all natural substance, coming through in the healing properties of the sun's ultraviolet rays. When used intelligently, sunlight exposure provides most people with their entire vitamin D requirements.
Many of us simply take for granted the importance of this free and natural necessary nutrient. Only 20 to 30 minutes three to five times a week of sensible sun exposure is necessary

I'm hoping to get out and soak up some of those WONDERFUL rays today!

and I hope your Wednesday is a WONDERFUL one too!

'On Ya' - ma

10 comments:

Angie said...

Definitely May Ray Day here too! Well az bit cloudy xomtimes but at least a bit warmer and NO WIND'

Hollie said...

I hope you enjoy those rays. It's a little chilly here this morning. When I went out with Mattie I was wishing I had grabbed a jacket because it's 53 degrees.

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Enjoy those RAYS!!!

grammy said...

Hope you do have fun in the sun. We had a big rain last night but the sun is shinning today (o:
What is May Ray day?
.....oh...ray as in sun (o:

Kath said...

WE had a beautiful day yesterday Ma.I was out in the garden from morning till evening 9pm.It's been far too long a winter to miss the lovely sunshine we had yesterday.It's very warm today too but more overcast and we did have a slight shower at lunchtime.I hope it shines for you today Ma.Take Care God Bless Kath xx

Kathy said...

We are still getting off and on clouds, sun and rain here too. I know what you mean. I am so ready for the nice sunshine everyday. The only good thing about the rain is I don't have to water the plants. My hubby says he is putting in a drip system this year so things don't dry out.

That corgi :) said...

I totally agree about being out in the sun and enjoying its vitamin D effects. I think it does keep us healthier when we can "soak up some rays" as I call it.

glad to hear the sun is shining in your area :)

here in California, this month and next month are our two gloomiest months with the marine layer of air around the beach that extends inland at times. We can have gray cloudy days for weeks on end. Hoping not this year though :)

betty

Ally Lifewithally said...

Enjoy soaking up the rays of the sun and getting all your vitamin D ~ which we all so badly need here at the moment ~ everyone seems so much Happier when the Sun is shining :o) ~ Ally x

jack69 said...

Hope you enjoyed your day, I am late (and tired) Ha!
Take care Ma.

JCWillow99@gmail.com said...

My vitamin D was low, so I have to take a supplement.
It is very important for your body.
More than I ever knew.
Hope you have a great week...