It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Chapter 5, Page 18, Book 10

Cherish life's simple pleasures

Author Unknown


Celebrating TERRIFIC TUESDAY

It's another cloudy dark morning here. I'm enjoying some of my good coffee and trying to wake up. Yesterday it seemed like night time all day as it was so dark. I am really in need of some sunshine and I think the baby is too.

We all need some fresh and air staying in the house all the time is not a good thing. Just getting out for a little while would be good. I have a stroller here and we could take some walks. Maybe it'll clear up later on, I certainly hope so.

DS#6 has asked me to fix some Chicken and Dumplings for their dinner tonight. I love to cook and don't do much when it is just me but cooking for more than one is a pleasure. I haven't made this meal for quite awhile and so I'm hoping my dumplings turn out nice and light and fluffy the way they are supposed to.

The other meal that he would like me to fix this week is Beef Tips and Noodles. It's an easy crock pot meal that I enjoy making.

Simple pleasures like a walk in the sunshine or preparing a meal for family are high on my list of treasures that make me rich for sure.

I hope you all have a TERRIFIC Tuesday!

'On Ya'-ma

The simple life: The goal is not to live poorly, but to live richly in the things that really matter

10 comments:

BlueRidge Boomer said...

The sun came out for about an hour here....clouding up again..ugh!!
Send some of those dumplings this way.....love'um!!

Enjoy

grammy said...

Yummmm
chicken and dumplings (o:
so sweet of your son

Lori J said...

Stopping in dear friend to say good morning and asking the Lord to bless you!

ALBERTA Lori

PS having some anxious moments...need to focus on God and His Word that tells me He is holding me in His hands Ljj

JCWillow99@gmail.com said...

yum..chicken and dumplins sounds wonderful.

Joyful Days said...

Sounds really yummy at your house! We actually have some sun today and I am enjoying it.

That corgi :) said...

both those recipes sound delicious, Ma! Glad you have a chance to do some cooking for your family while taking care of the little one. Hoping it did warm up a bit and got sunny so you can enjoy some outside time today :)

betty

peggy said...

I'd love to have your recipe for both. My grandchildren like mine, but they are made with bisquick. My grandmother made her own with broth but she didn't have a recipe. I remember they were very thin and tender, and of course she used her own chicken. Hope you have sunshine tomorrow.

Lainey Laine said...

ooooh Ma ya made me hungry!!!! I lurrrrve dumplings!!!!

jack69 said...

I am a chicken and dumping lover. I hope yours turned out well. I would take bets that they do and are delicious.
From NC
Sherry & Jack

Buttercup said...

Chicken and dumplings sound terrific. I'll be over for dinner!