It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Chapter 5, Page 15, Book 10





As I've been mostly away from home for 3 weeks now I have to say there is just no place like home. Some of the things in my children's homes are much like mine but others are very different. Our homes are a reflection of ourselves and our lifestyle.

Home gives us a sense of belonging and reflects a lot about our life's experiences. It is a place that you look forward to returning to, an anchoring point from which you venture into the world and a place where you know that your heart resides.

Home is where I am most comfortable. It's where my stuff is. I know that what I need is there waiting for me when it's needed and I'm never at a loss for things to do.

I like being busy and being creative. Whether it is decorating my home or painting something. I also like to relax and read a good book. It's all right here at home.

Home represents all that you are and what you might become; a place to be outrageous and creative or quiet and still. A home is very much a part of our hearts and soul. It's a refuge when we need one.

Home is a restful place. If I want to take a break and just put my feet up, home is where I can do it without interfering with someone else's schedule.

So for today and part of tomorrow I'm home...

Have a SUPER SATURDAY everyone.

'On Ya'-ma

11 comments:

jack69 said...

It takes a heap o livin in a house to make a home,
A heap of sun and shadder and you sometimes have to roam.
Afore you git to preciate the things you left behind,
And you will hunger fer 'em somehow with them alus on yer mind.
It don't matter how rich you get to be,
How much yer chairs & table cost,
Or how much the luxury.
It ain't home to you,
Thjough it be the palace of a King,
Until your heart is sorta wrapped around everythng!!!!
By: Guest.

Kathy said...

Enjoy your time at home MA. I hope you are enjoying your retirement. I 've been away from blogger for a few weeks but I am back and hopefully I can catch up.

Rose said...

I totally agree......whenever I'm away....it always feels so good to put the key in the door to your own home and sleep in your own bed.

grammy said...

so true
nice lookin home sweet home (o:
Glad you get to be home and hang out for awhile
but I know you will miss that baby (o:

Hollie said...

I don't know of any other place I'd rather be than "HOME!" It's definitely my safe place from the rest of the world! Even you weekend @ HOME my friend!

Kath said...

The very first words I always say when returning from wherever is "Theres no place like home " Ma.As in the song.Be it ever so humble.Theres no place like home.I always say OH! I love my bed too when I go there he-he.I am a real Homebird.Your home looks beautiful.Have a wondeful weekend.Take Care God bless Kath xx

Trish said...

Love your Blog Your positive =names for each day gets me going om the right foot. If Friday doesn't look too good to me and I read about your fantastic Friday it changes my attitude and I anticipate a fantastic day. I have had computer trouble so have not been blogging lately. Hope you will come visit my blog and I will be able to keep up visiting yours

Barbara said...

Always nice to come home I think.

That corgi :) said...

I love your home, Ma; it looks so inviting from the outside!

you are right, there's no place like home; home is where we can let it "all hang out" and truly be ourselves. Glad you got a chance to spend some time there :)

betty

JCWillow99@gmail.com said...

What a pretty place you have.
I agree, there is no place like home.
Enjoy~

Joyful Days said...

Wise words, 'MA'. So very true. I'm trying to catch up on my reading. Looks like your retirement is a full time job!! But in a good way. Thanks for the smiles!

Julie