It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Chapter 5, Page 13, Book 10


I try, as often as I can, to remind myself of some of the things that I am incredibly grateful for in my life. It keeps me grounded, it keeps me living in reality, and it keeps my ego in check when thinking about the fact that many people around the world do not have it as good as I do, through no fault of their own.

I am thankful for:

My cup of coffee in the morning! I really Savor and enjoy the first sips

The roof over my head

My health and that of my family. Really thankful

The ability to do what I love

I'm thankful for my children. They're mature, levelheaded, funny and full of common sense

I'm thankful for modern conveniences. Computers, cars, electricity, telephones, the Internet … remember what life was like without these things?

For Nature It is everywhere, and the best part is it’s free! Look outside and take in a gorgeous sunset or try to find shapes in a cloudy blue sky.

For Warming-up on a cold day It can be delicious with a sweet treat like hot chocolate and it has been very chilly here this week.


For these and all my blessings I am truly thankful.

I hope your day is filled with lots of good things to be thankful for too.

Irish Blessing

May your joys be as bright as the morning,
and your sorrows merely be shadows
that fade in the sunlight of love.
May you have enough happiness to keep you sweet,
Enough trials to keep you strong,
Enough sorrow to keep you human,
Enough hope to keep you happy,
Enough failure to keep you humble,
Enough success to keep you eager,
Enough friends to give you comfort,
Enough courage and faith in yourself to banish sadness,
Enough wealth to meet your needs,
And one more thing:
Enough determination to make each day
a more wonderful day than the one before

'On Ya'-ma

10 comments:

peggy said...

Me too, you covered all the things I think about most every day. Today I am thankful to be feeling better. It's raining buckets in Michigan but I hope your day is sunny, Ma.

That corgi :) said...

it is neat to put things down on paper about what we are thankful for or greatful for; I think it is fantastic that you have a great family, Ma, and that you are all close to each other, even if distance separates some of you; that is awesome!

I hope you enjoy your day

betty

Angie said...

I bet you're a lovely lady Ma! If there was a whole streetful of bloggers wouldn't it be great?

Sharon's Cottage Quilts said...

What a lovely poem MA~
I enjoyed reading it so much. I am grateful today for many things, one of which is...No Rain!
God Bless You Sharon

Kath said...

I am grateful of everything God pours down on me each day Ma Bad or Good.We have to be grateful,theres nothing else one can be.You are blessed with lots and deserve them all.Have a wonderful Thankful Thursday.Loved the posting.Good to be back reading your inspirational blogs.Take Care God Bless Kath xx

Ora said...

Hi Ma...yes...you are blessed in so many ways...and sharing it all with others ... we are blessed also...hope your week end is a good one...rain is a good thing..we need it often...but too much of a good thing is not good either LOLOL...God Bless...hugs from Ora in KY

grammy said...

My poor Iris got snowed on
I have lots to still come out
if the snow will go away (o:
I am thankful for all the moisture

Lori J said...

Dearest dearest lady,

Your words are ALWAYS such an encouragement to me.

I ask the Lord's blessing upon you today and always.

Thank-you for taking the time to send a note.

Love and hugs,

ALBERTA Lori (back in AB now!)

jack69 said...

Great entry Ma!
The world would be a much better place if we all would be as thankful. Probably listing them helps. I wish I could be thankful that all our kids were level headed and mature. but.....

Anyway I hope you have a great weekend planned and enjoy it.

JCWillow99@gmail.com said...

Good post. I am thankful for those things as well.
Congrats on the five pounds lost.
Little Lucky must keep you very busy. I will be keeping mine for daughter to work, so hopefully I shall lose weight too.
It has been a long time for me since I took care of a little one.