It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Chapter 5, Page 12, Book 10

Life is like a mirror, we get the best results when we smile at it

Author Unknown

The way we get up in the morning sets the tone for our entire day so I'm sharing with you today two of the things I do each morning to start my day off right

Start the day with thanking God

Looking at my self in the mirror and smiling

Welcome every morning with a smile. Look on the new day as another special gift from your Creator, Another golden opportunity to complete what you were unable to finish yesterday

Og Mandino

If you don't start out the day with a smile, it's not too late to start practicing for tomorrow

Author Unknown

Have a wonderful Wednesday!

'On Ya'-ma

7 comments:

Sharon's Cottage Quilts said...

What a beautiful way to begin the day MA! And now...I am off to smile at myself in the mirror!! Whoo Hoo! I love it and I love your wisdom MA. Bless you, Sharon

peggy said...

I'm catching up on the blogs, I have been a little under the weather. I always get a lift from yours. Everything's fine with me, hope you are too.

Ora said...

Hi Ma...good sound advice...just wish I could work it out for me!!! you always give a person a lift for the day...thanks a bunch..hugs...Ora

grammy said...

Great Post
Smile and the whole world Smiles with you (o:

jack69 said...

Hey Ma!
I love the quotes and the idea of smiling into a mirror. We have a son I wish I could get to do that. Also wish he would take advice like you are giving. But alas....

Anyway Your posts are always upliftng. Thanks.

That corgi :) said...

I like your morning routine, Ma. I need to get into the habit of doing those two things when I get up. I do thank God but not first thing and I rarely smile at myself. Very good advice indeed!

betty

Angie said...

I'll echo Grammy - "laugh and the world laughs with you; cry and you cry alone". HOWEVER....though I always smile at myself in the mirror of a morning and incline my head (I can always get EXACTLY the right angle you see!), you can bet your socks somebody will take my photo and all my illusions are shattered - again!