It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Chapter 5, Page 11, Book 10

...during the coming week could be a good time to start focussing not on everything that’s negative, useless and unfulfilling but instead begin celebrating our hopes, dreams, potential and everything that we are so good at doing.

From my Monday morning meditation

Dreams really do come true. Hopes can become a reality. And I was just recently reminded that miracles do really happen .

I've dreamed and hoped for so many years now that I could quit my job and become a full time stay at home grand'ma'. I really don't stay at home much but I did retire and it's just a miracle for sure.

I was so afraid it would never happen and that something else would happen to insure I worked a few more years. Thank the dear Lord, I am now enjoying to the fullest the life of the Poor but Happy.

I still have a few dreams and will always have hope...I won't ever give up either. Hope is the most important thing in the world. Hope is important because it can make the present moment less difficult to bear. If we believe that tomorrow will be better, we can bear a lot of things.


Whether we be young or old,
Our destiny, our being's heart and home,
Is with infinitude, and only there;
With hope it is, hope that can never die,
Effort and expectation, and desire,
And something evermore about to be

William Wordsworth


Have a terrific Tuesday everyone!

'On Ya'-ma

5 comments:

Ora said...

Hi Ma...bet you will get the "babysitter" award of the year..LOL...and have you ever looked at the word "poor"...a simple word..easy to spell..but it looks kinda sad...don't you think??? now "happy" ... that word just conjures up good things...bright..goodness...well being...as a kid and young person...and yes...even newly married...we were poor...but we were happy!!! life is as we look at it!!! Happy day to ya...Ora

grammy said...

you will have to share what some of your dreams are...
what do you want to try to do?
A bucket list kind of
In some ways that movie was not very realistic because the one man was rich and they spent lots of money on the things they did
I can tell you are a lot like me and lots of your dreams involve your kids and Grands (o:

jack69 said...

Hi Ma! Glad you did see the dream of retiring. We all still have a few dreams, and I think it is healthy. Sounds like you have found happiness in retiring, some folk retire with a lot of money and are not as happy.
We are too, enjoying our retirement, but no longer do any baby sitting (except for a grown son!).

Barbara said...

So glad you are enjoying your retirement. Baby is so cute.

Elizabeth said...

What a beautiful baby ! So glad you are getting to be a stay home grandma, its wonderful!