It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Chapter 4, Page 8, Book 10

CELEBRATING THANKFUL THURSDAY!

It’s that time again that I need to list my blessings. I’ve so much to be thankful for that if I wrote it all down, we’d never finish making this entry for today.

This week I’m mostly thankful for the blessing of retirement. Friday is my very last work day and I’m so ready for some rest. Too many years of work have just about worn me down, but just when I needed it most…it is here.

I’m thankful for the blessing of sunshiny days and warmth to sooth the achy bones. Winter seemed to go on forever this year and I was so cold for so long that I can’t tell you how good it feels to be warm again.

I’m thankful for all my family that bless me continuously with lots of love and smiles.

I’m thankful that my computer is still working and that soon I’ll have a new one.

I’m thankful for the everyday blessings that sometimes seem so insignificant but are some of the most wonderful miracles that I’ll every witness. The blooms and brilliant blue skies, the way everything seems to have come to life and there is lots of color in my life instead of the bleak and gloomy days of winter.


And last but not least of course is the fact that I’ve been blessed with good health. I’m no longer the young chick I used to be, but with the good Lords help I can find JOY in every day.

I am so very thankful for these and many other blessings. I hope that this Thursday you’ll find lots to be thankful for too.

‘On Ya’-ma

7 comments:

That corgi :) said...

I'm thankful that there are only 2 more work days for you Ma!!!!!

I bet you are soooo excited!

betty

Ora said...

Hi Ma...two more "working" days...just awesome...and I know you are sooooooooo looking forward to "sleeping in" on Monday morning...but knowing you...you will rise at probably the same hour of the day...but you will make adjustments along the way LOL...it is going to be a great time of fun, happiness, lotsa laughter...and family gatherings!!! God Bless..hugs from Ora in KY

Angie said...

What a long week this must have been. Keith retired last October and he loves it that he can do what he wants when he wants and doesn't have to explain to anyone or ask permission. Except from me. (a-hem)

Hollie said...

I'm so happy for you being able to retire. What a happy, happy day!

grammy said...

Great list
it always helps me go over my own list (o:
have a great day

Sybil said...

Only one more day Ma...sleep well tonight and enjoy tomorrow
Love Sybil x

Lainey Laine said...

I am thankful that you are here and that you come visit me! I'm thankful that you are finishing work! yay!! I'm thankful that I have a chance tomorrow to put right what's going wrong in my back. xxxxxx