It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, April 30, 2010

Chapter 4, Page 30, Book 10

Doing what you love means that, each morning, you awaken with passion and excitement at your core. Loving what you do means no regrets. No matter what, you’re living an exciting life, doing what you were born to do.

If you are doing what you love, you won’t feel burdened doing it. You will have fun and happy time. You will be happier than before. This thing alone is a great reward of doing what you love.

Since you enjoy your time doing your works, naturally you will devote more time and energy into it, and if you pour more of your time and energy into it, that allows you to think more about your works, thinking about how to make them better and better. As a result, the quality of your works will be improved and touch the heart of the people using them

Having a fulfilling life is more important than being wealthy. Following your heart and following your purpose. That’s what life is all about.

If you read my journal regularly you know it was quite a decision for me to quit working. It was one that I prayed about and deliberated over for a while. I finally decided that I'd rather have a little less money and a lot more time and I'm so glad I made that decision. I can now do what I love to do. One of my loves is family. My faith, my family and home are the important things in my life.

My purpose in life as I see it is to be a mom. A mom that will always be there for her children when she is needed and give them all the love and care that she can. Believe me when I say that being a mom doesn't end when they become adults. It's a life time career.

The way I look at it working at my other job was just a means to do what I love. Quitting my job has allowed me all the time I want to do what I love.

Take the time today to do something wonderful. Take the time to do something that reminds you of how precious and beautiful life is

Have a FANTASTIC Friday everyone!

'On Ya'-ma

6 comments:

Ally Lifewithally said...

Hope your Friday is a Fantastic one ~ and the week ahead is a blessed one for you ~ Ally x

scrappy quilter said...

I hope your Friday is perfect. So glad you are enjoying your retirement. Hugs

That corgi :) said...

I think your purpose in life is a great one Ma! and it is good that you now have as much time as you want to be available for your kids and the grands! I was doing some thinking this morning about something and came up with "possesions or people". What really matters? of course it is people, but too many people take too much time trying to acquire possessions, they sometimes "forget" people along the way. I think you realized people are more important than possessions when you made your final decision to retire this year :)

betty

JCWillow99@gmail.com said...

I love the lilacs on your header.
I'M so glad you get to stay home now and get to spend time with your family. Enjoy your weekend..

Lainey Laine said...

Your so right! Ma your entries always spur me on to do what I love and to be happy. When Im feeling a bit down and fed up I read your pages and it cheers me up again! Life is so precious. Time is so precious. Because to be honest we never know if this day is our last day. Laine xxxxx

peggy said...

Can I quote a little poem for you...here it is "They might not need me, but they might....I'll let my head be just in sight....a smile as small as mine might be...precisely their necessity." It's Emily Dickinson and when I read your post, it came to my mind.