It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Chapter 4, Page 29, Book 10


CELEBRATING THANKFUL THURSDAY!

An April prayer………

Lord of the wind and the waves, calm the storms of our life
when we are afraid.
Lord of the loaves and fishes, be our food when we are hungry.
Lord of spring, growth and new life, be our source of new beginnings.
Lord of the lambs and the flocks, seek us out when w
e are lost.
Lord of signs and wonders, show yourself when we have doubts.
Lord of the blind and lame, take our hand when we falter.
Lord of the fields and flowers, care for us when others
seem far away.
Lord of all that lives, be a source of life when we’re struggling t
o be alive and active in our daily activities.
Lord of simplicity, help us to recognise your gentle presence in everything we do each day.

Amen

The prayer above came from one of my daily devotionals.

Prayers are so important and one thing I am very thankful for. I pray for lots of people daily and I've asked for lots of prayers in my life too. They are my personal connection with the dear Lord. I really believe He knows all our wan
ts and needs anyway. But to be able to talk to him through prayer does give me a deep sense of well being.

Prayers aren't always answered in just the way we might think is right, but trusting that His way is the better one, I know that the
y are all answered.

As we said our prayer before dinner they other evening I was blessed with hearing my youngest son pray. He added prayers for all our loved ones and the specific needs of a few too. As I've not been able to spend much time with him at his home I was indeed gratified to know that he does this
each day.

It was truly one of those very tender, heartfelt moments that make a Mom's heart just want to burst.

Immersing ourselves in the everlasting love of God, we can become willing and able to live life much fuller and more abundantly
. Prayer does just that.
My prayer today

Thank you, Lord, that your word never returns to you empty! Give me the courage to tell of your love to those I meet. Teach me how to offer hope to those who need the light of Christ.

For these and my many blessings I am truly thankful.

I hope your day is filled with many things to be THANKFUL for too.

'On Ya'-ma

4 comments:

grammy said...

Thanks for the nice prayers
it is wonderful to hear our children pray
to see our sons take over the leadership role of their family...blessings to you today (o:

That corgi :) said...

amen to your prayer, Ma, this entry is a beautiful testimony to prayer and the power of praying and its impact on our daily lives

may you have a blessed day :)

betty

Sybil said...

hank you Ma, and I also thank God in my prayers for you and all that you teach us...
Love Sybil xx

Ally Lifewithally said...

May your day be a blessed one ~ Ally x