It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Chapter 4, Page 27, Book 10

Retirement Benefits


One of the many benefits of retirement is the fact that I can spend more time with family. I've always been busy working and would miss out on so many things that went on in their lives and the lives of their children. Watching my grandson is really special for me.

Benefits mean lot and when you add them to your income they can sometimes double the value. We all need to have a sense of meaning in our lives. We know the benefits of people and pets but even plants and goldfish can prolong survival when they give us meaning.

Another benefit is that I’m now a lot more conscious of the little favors people do. The kindnesses that touch your heart and make you feel appreciated and loved.


There’s a shady side and a sunny side to growing older. Each day I find more and more benefits, Now a days it is almost impossible to go far without bumping into an ad for something that promises to prevent aging. But there are many great things about getting older too.

Among them are : Tranquility, Submission to what you cannot control, Willingness to be wrong, Increased appreciation and gratitude, and most important the love of family

I found a new motto that seemed just perfect for me

Grow old along with me. The best is presently


Have a TERRIFIC Tuesday everyone!

'On Ya'-ma

8 comments:

Sharon's Cottage Quilts said...

Ma! What an inspiring post! You are so blessed to spend time with this BEAUTIFUL Grandbaby!! Just look at all of that gorgeous hair! What a sweet little baby. Enjoy your time, I know that you are. Hugs~Sharon

That corgi :) said...

isn't he adorable!! I love his smile; he looks so happy and content (oh to stay like that all through life :)

I like what you listed as the benefits of growing older, Ma. I find the older I get the easier it is just to be me and not worry about what others think of me

very wise words to think about today :)

enjoy the day :) (how can you not enjoy the day when you get to spend it with your little grandson)

betty

grammy said...

what a sweetie
yes it is wonderful to get to enjoy them...(o:
The very best benefit to getting older...
the real gift
is it beats the
alliterative (o:

Angie said...

After all these years of busy, busy, busy you at last have time to 'stand and stare' - and isn't it grand?

ADB said...

We're all growing older as we pass through life, and just become more aware of it as the years pass.

Have a great Tuesday,
Guido

peggy said...

I'm so glad you have time to spend with that beautiful baby! And you are right about the growing older. I usually delete all the emails about getting old. What do they know anyway?The best time is now.

Buttercup said...

He is a cuddle bunny, and a very lucky cuddle bunny to spend so much time with his grandmother. I like your thoughts...the best isn't yet to be, but it's now. Amen! And a big hug for cuddle bunny.

Sybil said...

Oh Ma what a gorgeous wee boy. Looks like he has a halo already !!
hope that you are having a wonderful week.
love Sybil xx