It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, April 26, 2010

Chapter 4, Page 26, Book 10

There are hundreds of paths up the mountain,
all leading in the same direction,
so it doesn't matter which path you take.
The only one wasting time is the one
who runs around and around the mountain,
telling everyone else that their path is wrong."

Hindu Teaching

When I read this quote I found myself thinking about how different we are all. Our lives are a potpourri of so many ways of living. But in some things we are all the same. I try to never judge what someone else does as I wouldn't like to be judged either. I've always been afraid to make mistakes and have other people judge me because of them. Keeping myself on track isn't always easy. People do make mistakes, but sometimes that is the only way to learn how to do things right.

Well today I'm taking on the job of caring for my grandson. Babies are not taken care of as they once were. My hope is that I don't do something wrong. I've got a lot of love to give this little one so I'm hoping things will go just fine.

Thankfully the basics of feeding, changing diapers and rocking them to sleep haven't changed so I'm thinking I can do what's needed in that department.

HAVE A MERRY MONDAY !

On Ya- ma

7 comments:

Hollie said...

I hope you enjoy your time with your grandson!

Annie Joy said...

Enjoy time with your grandbaby! He'll sense your love and feel comforted; besides, babies aren't critical and won't hold your mistakes against you! Annie

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Congrats!...on your new "job"....you'll do great...

Enjoy

Sybil said...

Hi Ma, hope that you have had a good day with baby and that he has been a good boy for you...
love Sybil x

That corgi :) said...

I'm thinking Ma after your 7 kids you got this baby business down just about right; I can't imagine you doing something wrong. We hug them and hold them and feed them and change them and that's about it, right??

I remember when my kids were babies, the big theory was not to have them sleep on their backs and now they don't want them on their stomachs but on their backs. Funny how things change over the years

you, I'm sure, are doing just fine

betty

Barbara said...

It seems us Grandma's don't know anything these days when it comes to looking after the little ones.!! How did our children ever survive!!!!!!!

Joan said...

I came here by way of DAD's blog and I had to write to tell you how much I enjoyed this particular postings. I had tears in my eyes. You will do a wonderful job helping to raise your beautiful grandson and he will grow into a wonderful young man because of his time spent with you. ...Joan