It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Chapter 4, Page 25, Book 10

CELEBRATING SUNDAY

Sundays are always my day for R&R. Rest, relaxation and refreshment and renewal. Each week I find that my hour at church does more good for my soul than just about anything. Lot of people don't think they need church but I'm not one of them. Maybe it is habit , but I need to be there in order to put things right and ready myself for a new week ahead.

Rest is important for all of us and it does give refreshment. We keep so busy all the other days of the week that it important to set a day aside to nurture your body and your soul. Sundays give us an opportunity to enjoy the things we like. If it wasn't supposed to rain here in Ohio I'd probably be puttering around outside but that isn't an option today.

Every thing is ready for my week ahead. I no longer have to make sure all is ready to go off to work and my days are not as busy as they once were, but the pleasure of just relaxing is no less enjoyed because of it. This old body of mine seems to crave it. Relaxation gives us more ability to reflect on things. It's a key to better health and greater vitality.

I can read a good book and relax, or do some of my crafts. To me even cooking is relaxing. Other times sitting on the patio watching the birds is the best thing in the world I could do. When I'm at the camper just being there is relaxing.

I don't always need to get away in order to relax. Now that I've retired just being at home is often relaxing. I can't ever complain about being able to do what I want when I want to do it.

What ever you do today, I hope that you'll find plenty of that R & R to enjoy.

As always you all are in my thoughts and in my prayers.

'On Ya'-ma

5 comments:

grammy said...

hope you do indeed get to totally relax
I can find many ways to unwind...relax
reading
sitting here with a cup of coffee catching up on the blogsphere
then I think I will walk outside
it is suppose to get cold and maybe snow tonight

That corgi :) said...

I'm with you, Ma, I do need going to church, spending time with people in corporate worship and learning; always refreshing to me! hoping you have a very relaxful Sunday :)

betty

Sybil said...

Like you Ma I also love Sunday. My life is full of relaxing times or so it seems to me although others think that I am always on the go so never relaxing...but as I never let things get me down or get flustered....well maybe very occasionally!...I always feel relaxed. Been a lovely day here I have had a friend in for tea after I had lunch as I always do with Sarah and John. I have also been watching the cricket players playing a game over on the rec, the summer season must be here if they are out in their whites !!
Have a lovely week with the baby.
Love Sybil xx

Lainey Laine said...

Im quite good at relaxing. Some people cant relax and thats sad. I have taught my partner how to relax. Sunday is the perfect day to relax. Its been sunny here today and we have been relaxing with friends in their garden. xx

Rachel said...

Thanks for the relaxing words.

As a mother of seven (who are all still at home) it is very encouraging for me to read your words of relaxation. And I enjoyed it more after finding out that you, too, are a mother of seven.

Blessings,
~Rachel