It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Chapter 4, Page 24, Book 10

The years teach much which the days never knew.

Ralph Waldo Emerson


It is SUPER Saturday!

From one of my Friday morning meditations:

When we spend too much time looking back at past events, we get caught up in the “woulda, shoulda, coulda” mental talk. Learn from your past, then let it go

Living alone as I do and spending so much time in solitude, I have plenty of time for reflection. Days of my life seem to fly by and to look back is not always a good thing. I can tell you that on the bumpy road of life there were times that I went left and should have gone right.

It's not going to do me any good at this point of my life to even waste time thinking about the past. Here I am now on Route 66 as I like to call it. 66 years of learning and those lessons sure have hit home time and again. I think sometimes God puts us certain situations because there is something He once taught us that we need to relearn.

I have learned that the best way to live is to laugh a lot and to look on the BRIGHT side of life. To live as though this were the last day. Today is the only day we are sure of and although many of us prefer to think there are many ahead for some it will be the last day.

We all have expiration dates, but only God can read the bar code

There are so many blessings in each day that it is just great to be alive and enjoy the beauty all around us on these glorious Spring days. Today there is going to be a little rain in our neck of the woods, but I'm making my own sunshine here.

I've put a little nick in my house work and I've got my bag packed for my week ahead, so I think today I'll be doing something just for fun around my house. Maybe I'll even paint my toenails in anticipation of sunny warm days when I can wear my flip-flops .

With the good Lords help today is going to be a SUPER day. I can always count on Him to send me words of encouragement and love. These words lift me up higher that I can say. Sometimes I just want to sit back and relish them over and over and feel His nearness and soak in His love.

You are as young as your faith, as old as your doubt; as young as your self-confidence, as old as your fear as young as your hope, as old as your despair

Douglas MacArthur

I do hope your Saturday is a SUPER one too!

Blessings of JOY and HUGs to you all!

'On Ya'-ma


4 comments:

Buttercup said...

Dear Ma, This is a complete keeper. As I approach 60 this summer and retirement in a few years these are thoughts that cross my mind. So thankful for new horizons and new friends with wisdom to share. Blessings and good wishes!

Martha said...

Hope you have finished your work and are on to the rest, relax and play part already :-)

That corgi :) said...

I like how only God can read the bar code; that is an excellent analogy Pam! I think it is too easy to get trapped in the past with "what ifs" etc; love your attitude to move forward and your advice to laugh a lot!

glad you got some work done too so that much will be behind you as you go into your new week of fun!

betty

krissy knox said...

What a beautiful entry. And so positive. Thanks for cheering me up.

krissy knox :)
Visit my main blog: Sometimes I Think
Hey! Former Jlanders (former AOL Journalers) ~ Please add your blog(s) to our Directory of blogs: From Jland To Blogger
follow Krissy on twitter:
http://twitter.com/iamkrissy