It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Chapter 4, Page 20, Book 10

Celebrating Terrific Tuesday!

Simple pleasures in life are really the treasures we can always count on.

I'm back home from the camper today and have lots to do around here. I'll be leaving again next week for DS#6's house so I hope to have things pretty ship shape around here before I go.

I won't get it all done, but I'll make a dent in what there is to do around here. At least I'm happy that I've got things pretty much all set at the camper. Now when I go again there won't be so much work to do.

I'm finally putting away all the Easter decorations and digging out my Red White and Blue things as they will be what will decorate my house from now until fall. I found some wonderful Painted Stars in red white and blue to put on the front room walls along with a Blue 'BELIEVE' sign. There were very inexpensive because I got them at one of the dollar stores. I always had pictures of my family on that wall but decided it was time for a change. I did have a blue flowered swag at the center top and it goes well with the stars and the sign. I'll have to post a picture when I'm able to.

And I already had a grapevine wreath shaped like a star with some red flowers and blue and white ribbon in it that I've hung over the mirror as you come in the front door. It all looks very nice together.

I have a blue checkered table cloth that I could put in the dining room and I also have a white one so I'll be playing around with that to see which looks better.

Having my home clean and shiny will be a good thing for sure!

I do hope your Tuesday is a TERRIFIC one.

'On Ya'-ma


7 comments:

Sonya said...

Sounds like you are having fun.
Hope you have a good week. I'm about to finish getting ready and head back to work today, after being off yesterday.

grammy said...

I think I will leave Easter out till May (o:
I do like looking at it.
red white and blue will be great for the summer
have fun cleaning and getting ready to go visiting

Ally Lifewithally said...

I do hope your Tuesday is a TERRIFIC one and the rest of the week is good to you ~ Ally x

Annie Joy said...

I'm happy that I found your blog. What's new at our house is a little dog we've adopted. He's already made himself at home. I'm working on "mid-Spring" decorating; I'll be able to use several of my (not-so-obvious) Easter pieces until the end of May. I look forward to dropping by often. Annie

JCWillow99@gmail.com said...

how wonderful you can relax and take your time to fix up things around your home.
Hope you and your daughter have a good visit.
They are a joy.
I love this time of year, it is warm and we just got a spring shower here.
Everything is blooming.

That corgi :) said...

I like your color them for now until fall, Ma, with Memorial Day and Fourth of July and Labor Day encompassing that time period; bet it is festive when you get it all decorated!

bet you are also looking forward to spending some time with your grand baby next week as you help out DS#6 and his wife :)

betty

Lainey Laine said...

Great to hear you having fun Ma! Laine xxxx