It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, April 19, 2010

Chapter 4, Page 19, Book 10

She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come.

Proverbs 31:25


It is just a beautiful day today! This is the 2nd of many weeks to come of my life in the land of the Happy but Poor. One of the comments I received last week mentioned that phrase and I thought how true. Money doesn't mean a whole lot to me as long as I have enough to live on. I've never had much so my new lifestyle really won't be a whole lot different.

Reality still hasn't set in and maybe it never will. The important thing is that I am happier than I have been in a long long while. I love the book of Proverbs and Chapter 31 is my favorite. I am that woman that can laugh at the days to come.
I have not always been able to laugh at the days to come , but I will now without a doubt be able to.

Whether we stay at home or go off to work. We all have some kind of work we will do each and every day. I don't know what kinds of twists and turns might come during my journey through the land of Happy but Poor but I am feeling an incredible joy not because life is perfect but simply because I've decided to make laughter, peace, and true happiness the trademark of my life.

Many of us get all out of whack because the future turned out different than our plans. My plans changed so often I decided it was better just to take life on a day to day basis. Resting my future in God’s hands. I always figured if the good Lord brings you to it, He will see you through it too.

Today is what I like to call MERRY MONDAY! I do hope you can join me in a few good laughs today.

'On Ya'-ma


Give her the reward she has earned, and let her works bring her praise at the city gate.

Proverbs 31:31

5 comments:

scrappy quilter said...

Great post. We've found we are far happier now that we are retired. Hugs

Lainey Laine said...

Ma! I can feel your smile and the warmth it gives! Im so happy that you are so happy! It makes me smile too! Your are so right! The best things in life are absolutely free. I thought that today as I sat at the park with my partner in the glorious sunshine watching all the wildlife up to their antics! Im jealous though! I wish I was not working. I do like my job but I want to be free. One day that will happen! But Im taking your advise and Im taking each day as it comes! As I work with children I worry about if Im doing it right! But you cant plan with children and every day is different! Laine xxxx

That corgi :) said...

wondeful attitude, Ma, happy but poor. And it sounds like you are enjoying retirement just well :)

betty

grammy said...

I have two neighbor women with really contagious laughs...which happen to be loud (o: Whenever the windows are open...I can tell they are outside and they are Merry!
Keep bein happy girlfriend.

peggy said...

We should have a club! The Happy but Poor Gals, or The Poor but Happy Gals. I wish everyone could be happy. Maybe if they had a blog.....