It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Chapter 4, Page 18, Book 10

BRRCHILLL! It has been a cold weekend so far. My niece that also camps near us said it was snowing at home this morning. They had just come in for the day to get their camper open, but went back home in the evening. No snow at the campground though but it was cold. The campfire was more appreciated than ever as the heat was needed. My camper is now all set for the season. The only things I'll need to bring with me will be the food I want to eat and clean clothes. Every thing else is ready.

Saturday morning I got to spend a few hours with my 3 grandchildren as they stayed with me in my camper while their Mom and Dad got there place all cleaned up and set for them. By then the weather warmed up a little and everyone was outside raking leaves . Being in the woods means that there were plenty of them to clear away. When we closed camp up last fall not many had fallen from the trees so we just had to leave it till Spring

We always go out to eat on the first and last Saturday of the season so we did that and it was delicious. Not a half mile down the road from us is one of the best places to eat around.here. The food is delicious and the prices are reasonable. It is nothing to look at outside but you can tell everyone loves their food as there is always a waiting line to be seated. The service was great too. I brought home half of my meal. The dinner salad is huge and that and some of their warm bread makes a meal in itself.
I'll be off to church as always this morning. The church is just 15 minutes down the road. For being way out in the country this place is really located not far from just about anything you could need. The little town is used to lots of visitors as it is the heart of Amish Country and campgrounds and parks abound in this area. One of our state forests is near by and there are lots of lakes for boating and fishing close by too. Our own campground allows small boats on their lake and the fishing is good here too. I'm not much of a fisherman so I don't do that but it is available for those that want to.


Have a great Sunday everyone. As always you all are in my thoughts and prayers

'On Ya- ma

12 comments:

Hollie said...

Snow? I know you don't want to hear that. Your campsite sounds heavenly & in Amish country too. I've always wanted to visit Amish country.

Joan said...

It all sounds so good at your campsite wish I was there too we could have a good cup of coffee and a natter it would be so nice. Cold here too will it ever warm up and we have the volcanic ash hanging abouot too. Love Joan

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Love the rooster plates on the header picture....my daughter and i collect "chicken things"......I've been to the Amish country close to Mansfield, OH.....beautiful!!

Enjoy....even if you get a little snow.....LindaMay

That corgi :) said...

now isn't that so typical, a few warm days and then it turns cool again with snow too!! at least you know the spring season is definitely upon you, Ma, and therre will be more warm days than cold ones in the weeks ahead

I was wondering if there was a church close by for you to attend; nice to hear there is and it sounds like a nice one; bet they enjoy seeing "camping" faces come back after the winter season

nice tradition to have too to go out to eat at the beginning and end of camping season

enjoy the day!

betty

Sonya said...

Oh I hope you haven't been too cold. Do you have a way of warmth other than the fire outside? Excited for you to get your camping season underway. We are leaving for church here in just a few moments. Katy is worn out from weeks of going and going. I had my mental health day last week so I'm allowing her one today. She has Bible class every day so I know she has had some devos this week. Hope you have a great Sunday.

Jeannette said...

I am glad you are back at the camp site, got to spend time with your family and enjoyed the food. It all sounds great and I wish I could visit.

grammy said...

I just caught up on everything...so neat that you get to go up to the camper. Neat that you can stay till tues. and not rush home. It is so different to camp in places like that. My hubbies family camps around Mo. and it just isn't right for this Colorado mountain girl. I am sure it is beautiful...but you know how we get a mind set of one thing....like pine trees and rocks and no humidity and temps that drop to the 40s....you have to have winter clothes and summer clothes. When we had the pop-up with no heater....the big challenge was to keep warm at night (o: oh and making sure you didn't have to go to the outhouse at night. We probably won't go till June...then it could be chilly. We have a campground we like in Wyoming that has snow on the ground still when we go up on the 4th.... but we love to see the moose. Have fun.

scrappy quilter said...

Sounds like a little piece of heaven where you are. I'm so happy for you that this year you get to spend so much more time out there without having to get back so you can get ready for work on Monday. Hope your day is going well. Hugs

JCWillow99@gmail.com said...

I am glad you are enjoying your time at your camper. Sounds like great fun.

Angie said...

SNAP!!!! England is cold too - our bit of it anyway. Yesterday was 19*, today is 5*! And yet I'm sure if it was OK for sitting out there'll be a little bird out there giving it his all!

Lainey Laine said...

I hope it warmed up Ma! Its really warm here! Had a lovely sunny Sunday. Laine xx

Buttercup said...

Sounds like a lovely day. The restaurant sounds terrific. Wishes for a great Tuesday!