It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Chapter 4, Page 17, Book 10

I am here at my camper and just loving it. I thought I'd have everything ship shape and just enjoy today, but I am much slower moving so I still have some unpacking and sorting out to do today. When I arrived yesterday I did find two of those little mice in my camper. There were caught in my 2 mouse traps. Needless to say they didn't stick around very long. With all the packing and loading I'd done at home I think I was pretty tired out before I even began unloading and unpacking. So I'm moving slowly. DD and her hubby did help as my water lines needed to have the antifreeze flushed out and my awning needed to be put out . Thankfully they were here to help out . Now I'm all set but the unpacking of a few things as the cleaning up is done.

Yesterday's weather started out so nice. It reminded me of a day in July it was so warm here, By afternoon though a few showers moved in and the temps dropped. I was wearing my winter coat by the time we had our dinner. DSIL did some delicious steak burgers on the grill. I rarely cook anything when any of my children are camping, I just eat what they are having. There is always plenty so no need for me to fix my own dinner.

I'm in no rush to get everything done as I have all weekend and probably won't go home till Tuesday morning. DS#5 and his wife are expecting their first baby and are having a 3-D sonogram on Tuesday and they've invited me to go along to see it. I wouldn't miss that for the world. This baby will be due sometime in September and it will be my 14th grand child. One more for grand'ma' to spoil.

I'll get to visit with 3 of my grandchildren today as DS#1 and his family will be coming in. They camp right next door to me and I've missed them so much all winter long. When we are camping I see them a lot more.

I hope everyone has a SUPER Saturday. I know mine will be super for sure.

'On Ya'-ma

10 comments:

Cindi said...

glad ur there...enjoy get some r&r!!!

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Congrats...on being back in the camper!!! I read this morning that some parts of Ohio will be getting snow tonight!!...is that you??

peggy said...

I'm so glad you can camp out, those who enjoy doing that have so much fun, especially when there is family around to enjoy it with you. I'm not posting today but didn't want to miss yours. Have a nice weekend, Pam.

Melissa said...

Grandchildren AND camping!!! Enjoy every minute of it. And I hope there are no more mice!

Angie said...

".....probably won't go home til Tuesday'" How long have you waited to have such choice!!! Enjoy.

love, Angie, xx

Sybil said...

I am so happy for you Ma. It has been a lovely day here as well. Mary and I were sitting out enjoying the warmth of the sun on our face...I am off to Scotland in the morning , back Thurs.
Love for now Sybil xx

The Lucy and Dick Show said...

It sounds like a lovely way to spend the weekend, but we've had a few snowflakes today, did you?

scrappy quilter said...

Congrats on anothe grandchild coming in Sept. Enjoy your time at the campsite. Hugs

That corgi :) said...

how exciting to get to go and see the sonogram for grand-baby #14!! always exciting with babies!!!

its neat that when you are setting up your camper, Ma, you can relax and take your time,knowing you aren't bound by a work schedule any more; sounds like it is going to be a great camping season as long as mice don't invade again :)

enjoy!

betty

Sonya said...

I am so excited for you and very happy you can do an entry while you are there! Have a wonderful time. Sounds so wonderful.