It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Chapter 4, Page 15, Book 10

Count Your Blessings!

Author Unknown

Count your blessings instead of your crosses;
Count your gains instead of your losses.

Count your joys instead of your woes;
Count your friends instead of your foes.

Count your smiles instead of your tears;
Count your courage instead of your fears.

Count your full years instead of your lean;
Count your kind deeds instead of your mean.

Count your health instead of your wealth;

Love your neighbor as much as yourself


Celebrating THANKFUL Thursday.

I try to say Thank You everyday. There is amazing power in those two little words.

It's that time of the week once more when I take time out to list all the things I've got to be thankful for. The joys, family, friends, smiles, laughter…these are the things to cherish and remember

I am so thankful for this week free from work. I needed the time to get things in order here at home before the camping season begins and also before I go off to baby sit.

I'm thankful for Spring. Although we have had some very warm days for the most part it's been typical cool days here in Ohio. The grass is growing and flowers are blooming!

I'm thankful for my family. Every day in every way one or another of them blesses me with some smiles. Although many are far away they do take the time to keep in touch

I'm thankful for my health. I may move slower than I did when I was young but I can still do what I need to and that is a blessing.

I'm thankful for all my friends too that bless me time and again with smiles and laughter.

I thank the good Lord for these and all my many blessings.

I hope that you too can have a THANKFUL Thursday!

'On Ya'- ma


8 comments:

peggy said...

Pam, we are always on the same page. I just posted how thankful I am. Blessings to all.

Kathy said...

One think I am thankful for is having found your blog. You always have such positive posts and I always feel just a little bit better after having read it. Have a beautiful day "Ma"

Sybil said...

Hi Ma, I am very thankful at this precise moment...why ?...Mary brought in our very fav.ice cream this afternoon and we have just had a lovely bowlful !! It is a locally made ice cream at a farm abiou 5 miles away....delicious X
Also the sun has come out for a wee while.
Love Sybil xx

scrappy quilter said...

What a wonderful thankful list. Hugs

grammy said...

Yes...Spring and green and tulips (o:
Free coffee at Starbucks today if you bring in a travel mug to fill up (o:

That corgi :) said...

I liked that count your blessings poem, Ma. I think I'll print it out and remember to look at the positives instead of the negatives in life; definitely great advice!

always such a nice list of thankfuls you write about, Ma :)

betty

Lainey Laine said...

Ma I always enjoy your entries so much! Thank you for that. Laine xxxx

Also thank you for your kind and encouraging comments you leave on my blog.

JCWillow99@gmail.com said...

wonderful post.
Thank you and enjoy your weekend!