It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Chapter 4, Page 14, Book 10

The adventures of life can take us to conquering the highest peaks and exploring the deepest valleys. Through it all, the challenge can be to keep the balance needed to navigate life with grace and happiness.

It's WONDERFUL Wednesday

It is International Moment of Laughter Day

To celebrate this special day, simply tell jokes or do funny things that cause people to laugh. A smile is not a good enough reaction. Successful participation in this day results in whole-hearted laughter.

I can now compare all my days to that of opening a National Geographic magazine. High adventure is in every page. The interval of adapting to retirement and actually accepting the fact that this is now my everyday life is going to take a bit of time.

Never before have I had the freedom to chose like I do now. Ah, but there are a lot of choices. #1 will be opening up my camper this coming weekend. Until summer comes I won't be able to spend much time there as I'll also be helping DS#6 and his wife out. She is back to work after maternity leave so between her Mom and I, we will do some child care until school is out.

This of course makes me very happy as I'll get to spend some quality time with our little Lucky Guy. I call him that as we are so Lucky to have him!

As I bounce back and forth between the camper, my home, and their home, I'll still be in touch every day as now I have my new laptop and my wireless internet provided by my cell phone company.

I'll be driving more than I really like to do, but that will work out ok as the Silver Streak has had her check up and is ready to go. Besides I'll be laughing all the way!

Have a wonderful Wednesday everyone!

You can't deny laughter; when it comes, it plops down in your favorite chair and stays as long as it wants.

Stephen King


'On Ya'-ma

8 comments:

Lainey Laine said...

Awwwwww Ma a lovely entry. Yes it must feel strange for you like you must be wondering when your holiday will end but it wont! How lovely though that you will be busy with little lucky guy! I need to laugh today its a good medicine! Laine xxxxx

Sharon's Cottage Quilts said...

Whoo hoo MA!! It sounds to me as though you have gotten a plan to keep you busy!! What a wonderful "busy" it will be! Could the timing have been more perfect?? Your DIL goes back to work and you have your days to spend with your precious bundle of joy!!! What a delight! I'm thinking of you, Sharon

Ora said...

Hi Ma...well I was laughing alot before I got thru your blog...you are settling nicely into retirement...LOL...I am so proud of you!!!!! be safe in traveling...hugs and love from Ora in KY

Sybil said...

I am so happy for you Ma...You sound as if you are very happy with your new timetable !! How great it will be for you to go back up to the camper ground. It is exciting to see it all anew again..Good job your petrol is not going as high as our's has , This past week it has gone up again. Now we are paying £1.20p litre.It is I think about $1.50 to our £1 and about 4and 1/2 litres to the gallon...I think..so leave it to your brains to work out how much that costs us !
Love Sybil xx

That corgi :) said...

so awesome that you get to spend time with your Lucky Little Guy!! Its a win-win situation (like I think I said before :)

sounds like retirement is agreeing with you Ma :)

and the camper comes out this weekend! how exciting!

betty

scrappy quilter said...

Sounds like you're fitting right in with that retirement plan. Have a great time at the camper. Hugs

The Lucy and Dick Show said...

Laughter is the very most important thing to keep us healthy and sane.

Sonya said...

Silver Streak? lol lol
Cute. Hope you are enjoying the retirement and I know you will love seeing the grandchildren more.
Have a great day.