It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Chapter 4, Page 11, Book 10

Make the Most of Where You Are
By Author Unknown



Wherever you are, be there fully.
For where you are is where you can most effectively act and live.

If you're constantly wishing that you were somewhere else, you diminish the opportunities for where you are now.

When your thoughts are in another place or time, your actions lose much of their effectiveness.

It's great to dream, to plan, to aspire, to reach for new and improved circumstances.
And yet the way to successfully do that is by being the best you can be in the place where you now find yourself.

It's great to keep yourself focused on an ambitious goal.
And that focus is the most effective when it is crafted from the perspective of where you are now.

To successfully travel the path from here to there, you must start with being fully here.
The more you give your attention and energy to making the most of where you are, the more quickly you'll move along that path.

There is much to be accomplished, much to be lived in every place and in every moment.
Be there fully for all of them, and life will be rich indeed

CELEBRATING SUNDAY

I am here this morning and the good news is that I'm using my new laptop. I've been trying to adjust to finding things as it is quite different than the one I used previously.

It took quite awhile just to put in all my info for my personnel preferences.

The font I'm using should be a bit bigger but so far I've not found the correct way to do that. I will I just have to experiment for awhile.

Sundays have been and will continue to be my day of R& R. I know you are thinking that most of my days will be that way from now on but I really will be doing things. Sundays though will be set aside for church and family time. I don't always have family around so in that case I'll be reading or doing some such restful activity.

One thing I won't have to do is get things ready for a new work week. Monday will come soon enough and now whatever I've planned for the day will be taken care of on Monday.

From now on I'll be more centered on each day and what is all around me.

I hope your day is filled with lots of that great R&R! You all will be in my thought and prayers as always!

'On Ya'-ma


8 comments:

Kathy said...

Great advice~have a wonderful weekend!!

That corgi :) said...

I like that advice on making the most of where you are, Ma, that author indeed had wisdom. I think too many of us wish away our lives sometimes, like I might have mentioned before. "Can't wait to be 16 and drive", "can't wait to graduate from high school", "can't wait to get married", 'can't wait to have kids" "can't wait for the kid to walk, talk," etc. And then we realize our lives are more than halfway. I always try to tell new moms to enjoy the seasons of their babies and not rush things, no matter how difficult that season to try to cherish it since it does go so fast.

And I like the order you are establishing with your new season of life. It is good to put a little organization into your days, yet know you can be flexible as things arise

and soon it will be camping season :)

betty

Sybil said...

Hi Ma, I am having a nice day as well. Been to church this morning then as usual to my sister Sarah's for delicious lunch, now home sitting here at my laptop having my wee chat with you ! Mary is sitting opposite me knitting a scarf, she has done lots now in various sizes to be sent abroad at some time.
Love sybil x

grammy said...

Glad you got your lap top setup
have a great Sunday
we have nice weather...no wind yet (o:
You will feel so different tomorrow morning when you open your eyes (o:

Joan said...

Nice you were able to walk out woith a light jacket you get so fed up with all your winter clothes and all the dark colours. Hope you have enjoyed your day. Will be tuning in to the TV to watch the Masters Golf from Augusta Georgia will see if all their lovely Azaleas have flowered yet they are a bit late as they too had late snow. Take care Love Joan

Joan said...

Nice you were able to walk out woith a light jacket you get so fed up with all your winter clothes and all the dark colours. Hope you have enjoyed your day. Will be tuning in to the TV to watch the Masters Golf from Augusta Georgia will see if all their lovely Azaleas have flowered yet they are a bit late as they too had late snow. Take care Love Joan

JCWillow99@gmail.com said...

You just sit back and enjoy yourself with your new laptop.
It will be an exciting new life for you.
Now you can have those grandkids over for sleepovers. Or go to places you always wanted but never had the time.
hOPE You have a wonderful day!

Ora said...

sounds like a lady who has "retirement" organized and in perspective LOL!!!!! I love it!!! Happy day to you...hugs from Ora in KY PS...has that tree in your header bloomed yet??? bet it is a beauty...