It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Chapter 4, Page 10, Book 10


HAPPY SUPER SATURDAY EVERYONE!

I’m glad to report I survived my last day of work. I was in the office alone most of the day. A couple of the men that work for us stopped in for one thing or another so I said good bye to them. Both my bosses have been on vacation and they did both talk to me on the phone and they sent a beautiful camellia plant but no there was no big party or anything at work for me. Mostly it was business as usual. I left my key to the office and went home.

I did party a bit after work as my daughter and her hubby took me out for dinner. DS#5 and his wife also joined us as well as her mom so there were 6 of us partying . Dinner was great and as always being together with family is priceless.

DS#1 and family sent me flowers too and that was thoughtful of them. I remember they sent me a plant when I first started working there many years ago too.

I’m hoping that today I can get outside and work in our flower beds as they need some Spring cleaning for sure. It was very cold yesterday and there were even some of those white things…I believe they are called snowflakes…floating in the air. I can hardly believe the temperature drop we had. Just a couple of days ago it was in the 80’s. That is unusual for us as we are usually in the 50-60 degree range. In northern Ohio we get Spring weather a little later than lots of those to the south of us.

I’d like to thank everyone for all the good wishes that were sent my way for my retirement. I felt like you were all celebrating with me too.


Have a Super Saturday!

‘On Ya’-ma

10 comments:

Cindi said...

I'm a day late...(plz forgive me)... CONGRATS on the retirement..I'm glad ur happy!!! Enjoy your new found freedom!
xoxoxox

Joan said...

Hope you are enjoying your day in the garden we have been out not very hot you do need a sweater but still its is great after the dreadful winter.Take care Love Joan

Sybil said...

After all the loyal work you have done for them Ma you would have thought they would have done a little bit more appreciation for all you have done...However thats all over now and you can "throw your hat in the air and do a wee jig " we have had a beautiful three days of early summer weather ! says it might last till Monday !!!! then cool again. So Mary and I have been making the best of it and enjoying sitting out on our wee deck for a while soaking up the sunshine.
Much Love Sybil xxx

Sharon's Cottage Quilts said...

CONGRATULATIONS MA!! I've been a blogging bum lately and missed wishing you well on your last day!! God Bless You as you begin your retirement! Sending you big hugs and kisses!!
Happy Retirement!!
Sharon

scrappy quilter said...

We definitely are celebrating with you. A whole new chapter in your life now begins. Retirement is what we make it. Both hubby and I love it. I hope you do too. Hugs

Angie said...

Can the garden wait a few days? You have been given a unique gift - TIME. Treat it gently! Have a rest.

That corgi :) said...

I bet Monday will seem really different Ma as you won't have to worry about going to work and can do what you choose to do! It must have been bittersweet, too, in a way to leave a place you have worked at for a period of time, goodbyes sometimes are hard to do, even when it is for a great thing like retirement!

sounds like a wonderful celebration with your family!!


betty

The Lucy and Dick Show said...

I'm glad you actually got to retire! I hope you have call display so when they call you to rescue them, you can ignore the phone! Enjoy your new hours!

Ora said...

Hi Ma...and yes...the same thing happened here..yesterday temps were down..kinda cool..and then last night they predicted a heavy frost was possible...and we did get frost...but just lightly..the sun has been out strong and no damage to any plants...that is a good thing...and now you have time...for whatever you want to do and whenever you want to do it..and if it does get cool...and snows a bit...I just know you have lotsa things in that back room to do LOLOL...!!!!! God Bless..Ora in KY

JCWillow99@gmail.com said...

Congrats! No more early mornings for you. I am so happy for you.
Now is your time to relax and do all the things you want, but never had the time to do.
It is fun going out to dinner with family. I love it too.
Sounds like your family is really good to show how much they love you.
You deserve it.
Enjoy your weekend.

xox, cassie