It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, March 05, 2010

Chapter 3, Page 5, Book 10

>

CELEBRATING FANTASTIC FRIDAY

I try to celebrate each day. I don’t have a party everyday but celebrating is my way of showing that every day is worthwhile. We don’t need special parties to enjoy each day.

I’ve been really busy all week long at work. That is a sign that spring is on the way as our work is picking up. Added to that is the fact that resumes for my job are coming in this week too, so next week the interviewing process will begin and hopefully the following week I will get to start training someone to take over my position. It may not go that way, but I’m hoping.

I would have liked to have had more time for this but the boss is cutting it down to a fine line and if I’m lucky I’ll have a 2 weeks to get the job done. The days are dwindling down to a precious few as far as my job goes.

I will be glad when it’s done and over. The job of training someone to do what I do automatically is not going to be an easy one. Hopefully whoever they get will be easily trained.

In just about a month now I’ll start my new job, The job I’ve been waiting for quite awhile…

RETIREMENT from work, but BEGINNING a new role as a SHAM – a stay at home ma

I do hope your Friday is a FANTASTIC one.

‘On Ya’-ma

7 comments:

Angie said...

What?!! You actually get to train someone else for your job. It seems to be the general way pver here that they don't even advertise your job until you've been gone at least 2 weeks! That way they see if your colleagues can cover it so they don't have to pay a new person. Or maybe you might come back......a bit like not changing the bed sheets until your guests ring to say they're home!

Sharon's Cottage Quilts said...

Oh my gosh MA~~! I didn't know that you were thinking of retirement!! Good for YOU!! I think that is Fabulous!! Moving on to a new and exciting chapter in your life. God bless you! I'm so excited for you~
What a week!
I can't wait to see the wonderful things that will come your way, and that you will have time to enjoy. Love & Hugs~Sharon

Kathy said...

Oh how wonderful for you. I remember training someone for my job when I was retiring. I remember giving her all my precious charts and information I had accumulated for years and years and thinking "I hope I won't regret this" NO WAY, I never looked back. Does this mean you'll be able to stay in your camper all summer?

That corgi :) said...

I think it is always after a high quality employee (such as you are, Ma) leaves that the employer truly appreciates the quality of their work. I think sometimes they take for granted their employees and the work that they so faithfully do and think anyone can step in and just take over. I fear your boss will probably find out the hard way that he should have allowed for some extra time for training. It is cutting it close to especially if people have to give notice if they are working some place else. Good luck in the interviewing/hiring process

and I think you are going to love your new job!!! Each morning will be a joy to wake up to I am sure :)

betty

Kath said...

This is not only going to be hard on you, but also hard on the newcomer.I don't think these Boss Men realise how much work there is invloved at all.I do hope you get someone who is a real quick learner.Have a Super Saturday.Take Care God bless Kath xx

Hollie said...

That's great knowing it won't be long until you are a lady of leisure! I wish you a wonderful retirement. I'm so happy for you!

Buttercup said...

I'm getting excited with you. We've got nice weather here. I can just about taste spring.