It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, March 04, 2010

Chapter 3, Page 4, Book 10



CELEBRATING THANKFUL THURSDAYS!

Enough is much better than more.

Having enough and being content with it is so important. When we are always wanting more we get frustrated and sometimes angry because we don’t have the more.

Being satisfied with what we have gives us peace and happiness.

Before I made the huge decision to retire this year I carefully went over my budget to make sure there would be enough for me to live on without a weekly paycheck.

As the time gets closer and closer now for me I find myself wondering if I calculated correctly. I go over and over the list of monthly expenses. I should know better than to doubt myself as the answer always comes up the same.

Why is it that when we know we have enough, we always wish we had more…

I’ve made myself a promise not to do it again. I have enough and the more isn’t necessary. Being satisfied, contented and happy is going to make for a wonderful life.

Have a Thankful Thursday everyone!

‘On Ya’-ma

8 comments:

Kath said...

The more one has then the more one spends it seems Ma.I am thankful for good health this is enough for me,we carn't do much without it.I am sure you will soon work out a budget which suits you and find you have enough.I hope you have a lovely Thankful Thursday.Take Care God Bless Kathxx

Ally Lifewithally said...

Being Happy and Contented ~ Who could ask for anything more ~ Have a wonderful Thursday ~ Ally x

grammy said...

Sounds good.
I am sure it is tempting to keep figuring seems like the job is not something that makes you happy...so happiness is worth a lot (o:

peggy said...

Sometimes things don't work out on paper, but do nicely when you follow your heart. I know what it is to be so cautious though. I'm sure you will make the right choice. Have faith in you.

Sybil said...

I have always said Ma that if I could be a fairy God Mother and make a wish for all children it would be that they "live a contented life" I am sure if one is contented no mater what life throws at us we will be ok.
God Bless, Love Sybil x

That corgi :) said...

being content is truly an art, I think one has to keep working on it because this world and its advertisements tell us we always need more, more, more and then some more. I would be with you, Pam, wondering if I had done the calculations right, but I know you carefully thought out this retirement and I also know God will be there to meet your needs as he so faithfully has been through the years :)

betty

Gayla said...

I'm praying that you have enough to retire and enjoy life. You so deserve it my friend :)
I will be blogging and posting more after getting over some "stuff".
I will email you an invite to my private blog ok?
Take good care and big hugs.
Gayla

Ora said...

Hi Ma...it took hubby and I a couple of years to recognize that we had enough...with a bit leftover...and it gave us a feeling of satisfaction...and a bit worry free that if we needed something it was there...but we have enough...but I still enjoy going to the stores and roaming as hubby calls it...me I call it window shopping LOL...without the windows...LOL...so many things change over the years...and I find that interesting!!! God Bless...hugs...Ora in KY