It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, March 29, 2010

Chapter 3, Page 30, Book 10


Today is Grass Is Always Browner on the Other Side of the Fence Day, a time to honor those who did not jump ship, did not quit, did not leave because things appeared to look better somewhere else

Don’t we all at some time in our lives wish that we had what someone else does. Often we wish we had their money, or their home or even their looks.

We sometimes think that someone else’s job looks a whole lot better than the one we are stuck in or we wish we could just leave life behind and move on to greener pastures.

The truth is that no matter where you go or what you have, there are still problems of some sort and even if we had more money or better looks, they only bring more responsibilities our way.

You can leave trying to escape problems, but they will follow no matter where you go. I do know some very rich people that really never enjoy what they have. They are too busy trying to keep their dollars.

More and more I am convinced that happiness in life is all about learning to enjoy what you do have and stop wishing for something else.

If we are to be content, we really need to take pleasure in what we have and stop wishing our lives away.

Have a terrific Tuesday every one!!

‘On Ya’-ma

Today’s picture is of a lovely walkway at one of our State parks

6 comments:

grammy said...

I had not got around to commenting on your beautiful painted eggs and here it is another post already (o:
What always helps me be content with my life is to say to myself...I have these healthy kids and Grandkids...
how could i possibly want something else???

That corgi :) said...

love your blog header with the Easter eggs, Ma. I agree with you, we need to be content with what we have,no matter how much or how little,but just content

may your Tuesday be a good one

betty

Sybil said...

Morning Ma, I have always said that if I coudl be a fairy Goddmother I would love to wave my wand over all babies and wish them contentment throughout their lives...I can think of few things that would be better...To be contented with whatever God sends us is truly a wonderul gift.
Love Sybil xx

Joyful Days said...

Needed this post, as I am one who always is looking to see the neighbors' grass. Thanks for the reminder!

Rose said...

Excellent entry. I believe we all felt that way some time or another growing up wishing we had what others had. Fortunately, most of us.....are happy with what we have. We all want more....I guess that is a human thing to keep wanting.

I love your picture of all the Easter Eggs and your New Header! You are quite a creative lady!

Hugs, Rose

Ally Lifewithally said...

Loved the Eggs in the tree ~ Hope your Tuesday is a contented one ~ Ally x