It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, March 29, 2010

Chapter 3, Page 29, Book 10

>

I painted these eggs for my grand’babes’ Easter baskets one year

CELEBRATING MERRY MONDAY!

Borrowed Days begin today. According to calendar legend, March originally had only 28 days, while April had 33

I am living on borrowed time this week and next. The boss borrowed some time from my retirement. My working days should now be a thing of the past. But I still have 2 more weeks of it ahead. He felt that since he would be gone on vacation that it would not be good for a brand new person to be in the office alone so I’m working with her. Of course the 2 weeks will be valuable for her as I’ll be able to do more training than originally planned.

I am trying to be generous in giving up these weeks, but I’d much rather be at home. I had lots planned but now all the things I wanted to have done before camping season begins will just have to wait. They’ve waited this long so they will wait some more.

The days ahead should be quiet ones with everyone out of the office, but the everyday things will still need to be done. Payroll etc. goes on as usual.

I will try and get a few extra things done each evening at home. There are lots of things in the attic and the basement that need to go back to the camper so I’ll move a few of them to my dining room each day so they will be ready to pack in the car when I go.

I also have started getting some things ready to take with me when I go to help out DS#6 and his wife with caring for our little Lucky guy when they need my help. After I really do get to retire my days will be filled with one thing or the other – camping or caring . I had hoped to get some Spring cleaning done before these busy days began but now it’s just not going to get done.

Maybe in the fall after camping season I’ll be able to do more. But by then DS#5 and his wife may need some help caring for their new baby. I’m just going to take it one day at a time and do whatever I can in each day. One thing I know for sure is that helping out with my grand’babes’ and my camping will take precedence. The house work will wait.

I do hope your Monday is a Merry one!

‘On Ya’-ma

10 comments:

peggy said...

Those are so sweet, great painting!! I'm so happy for you that you can do all those things, you have planned. Your days will be so full. Two weeks will fly by.

Kathy said...

The little bunny eggs are adorable!! You are a very kind and generous lady. Not everyone would give back 2 weeks of their retirement. I am sure your replacement is thrilled to have you there with her though. Enjoy your last 10 days as a working woman.

That corgi :) said...

those eggs are just so cute, Ma! adorable! I hope your boss gave you a bit of a bonus or something to keep you on these two extra weeks. I know you gave him plenty of advance warning that you were retiring. seems like he is trying to get the best of both worlds. you are a trooper though for hanging in there these extra 2 weeks. you will leave there a champion though knowing you had done a great job for him. and that is what truly matters, even though he should have been more reasonable to honor your time schedule. and you are right, things will have to be postponed a bit, butn they will get eventually done

betty

Jan said...

That is a very sensible attitude ,Ilove the eggs far to pretty to eat ..love Jan xx

Ally Lifewithally said...

I think your painted eggs are a delight ~ can imagine how pleased your Grand'babes' must have been ~ Ally x

scrappy quilter said...

Cute Easter eggs. That's the best way to take retirement...one day at a time. Hugs

DB said...

After I retired my life became busier than it ever was. I think it's because there is no time off factored into the schedule.

DB

Cindi said...

your Easter eggs are soooo cute...as for "Retirement" hope its full of fun!!!!!
congrats!

Linda :) said...

Those eggs are so cute, great job!! and I love all your plans for retirement and how good busy you'll be... :)

Joyful Days said...

Adorable eggs!

Praying those extra two weeks will somehow be a blessing to you. Wow!!