It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Chapter 3, Page 28, Book 10

Your shift in attitude will shift your life from the shadows into the sunshine

Being the believer that I am almost guarantees that I’m also an optimist. I am full of faith and hope.

This morning as I’m preparing for church I’m looking forward to the hour that I’ll spend there, worshipping and giving thanks for another week and for the refreshment I’ll receive that will enable me to be renewed for another week.

Life comes at us hard and fast and if we don’t take some time out for the truly important things in life it will pass us by before we get to enjoy the wonderful things it has to offer us.


If we are always thinking about what got us down and why we are so tired and don’t take the time to relax a bit and be refreshed, then we’ll just continue to be tired out and frustrated.

A change in attitude makes all the difference and the best way I know to do that is to spend that time with my Lord. I know a lot of people that don’t think the way I do and set their priorities in life much differently, but for me it is the only way to be.

I do a lot of listening to and reading about others and rarely does the word religion come in to play in their lives. It’s not one of the things they consider important. To me it is everything.

I’d be simplifying things if I told you otherwise. I’m not perfect (far from it) I have faults just like any other person. The only thing that often separates me from others is that I know I believe in a God that loves me and no matter how or what, He’ll always be there right beside me.

I do hope you all take time out to be renewed and refreshed this Sunday.

As always you all are in my thoughts and prayers.

‘On Ya’-ma

The white blooms today are from my Star Magnolia bush last year at Easter time

And the pink bloom is from the Magnolia tree at DD’s house taken the same day.

8 comments:

That corgi :) said...

I believe in that same God, Ma. and it does sadden me too to read about people who never mention God or faith. to me, without Him, I would have no hope and I can't imagine not having hope especially how difficult this world is to live in

I hope you have a wonderful Sunday. I know you will be refreshed with the Good News you will hear about today at church! and it is Palm Sunday.

betty

Buttercup said...

Hope you had a great day. Just catching up on my blog visiting. Always enjoy a visit with you. I feel that I am walking in sunshine on a spring day when I come here.

grammy said...

We might actually have some blooming going on around here cause it's
warn today (o:

The Lucy and Dick Show said...

Magnolia's have to be a favorite of mine and my mom used to give me trees for gifts! Thank you for bringing that memory forefront tonight!

Linda :) said...

Look at all your pretty blossoms!! I hope you had a Blessed Sunday of R&R.... :)

scrappy quilter said...

I believe in the same God too and can't imagine life without Him walking beside me every minute of my day. I hope your Sunday was wonderful. Hugs

Sybil said...

I too love my church Ma and this morning we were all given the traditional palm cross that I keep on display from year to year..this year we also had a real palm leaf from the preachers garden...complete with a slug on one ! as if we needed any more of these in our gardens !
Have a really wonderful blessed week at work. Hope your replacement is appreacative for all you are doing fo rher.
Love Sybil xx

JCWillow99@gmail.com said...

What pretty pictures. God is good, and we need to take time to listen to the silence and pray.