It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Chapter 3, Page 26, Book 10


You can dance anywhere, even if only in your heart

Author Unknown

I have spent this week talking about the dance I call life. And today I’m going to share a few thoughts on the SLOW DANCE. The weekends, vacation days and holidays have been my SLOW DOWN times for a lot of years now. In just 2 weeks though all that is going to change and the SLOW DANCE will become my permanent lifestyle. I’ve definitely reached a point in my life where I am ready for it.

Living simpler, taking things slower and enjoying every moment of it is going to be just grand. My days are no longer going to be controlled by whether or not I have to go to work. I’ll have work to do for sure, but the work will be of my own choosing and I’ll be the one to determine when it gets done. If it doesn’t get done, no one will complain because there will be no one that will expect anything else out of me.

The whole point of dancing, slow or fast, is to enjoy the music, the environment, and most of all the feeling of two bodies sharing a moment of togetherness for no other reason than that it's fun.

In a world where we seem to be always be rushing somewhere, the following poem inspires us to stop long enough to enjoy the moment

Have you ever watched kids
On a merry-go-round?
Or listened to the rain
Slapping on the ground?
Ever followed a butterfly's erratic flight?
Or gazed at the sun into the fading night?

You better slow down.
Don't dance so fast.
Time is short.
The music won't last.

Do you run through each day
On the fly?
When you ask How are you?
Do you hear the reply?
When the day is done
Do you lie in your bed
With the next hundred chores
Running through your head?

You'd better slow down
Don't dance so fast.
Time is short.
The music won't last.

Ever told your child,
We'll do it tomorrow?
And in your haste,
Not see his sorrow?
Ever lost touch,
Let a good friendship die
Cause you never had time
To call and say, Hi

You'd better slow down.
Don't dance so fast.
Time is short.
The music won't last.


When you run so fast to get somewhere
You miss half the fun of getting there.
When you worry and hurry through your day,
It is like an unopened gift....
Thrown away.

Life is not a race
Do take it slower
Hear the music
Before the song is over.

I do hope to be doing some of the mountains of things waiting for me here at my house and I intend to spend some time with my grand’babes’. But it all will be done in SLOW TIME. Only 2 more weeks of work left after today which is only 10 more working days!

The slow DANCE was always one of my favorites and it still is….and I’m so looking forward many more of them.

Have a fantastic Friday everyone!

‘On Ya’-ma

9 comments:

Kathy said...

I am so happy for you. I know you'll enjoy your time not working. When I first retired I felt as though I was on vacation for a while and then I just adapted to not having to report somewhere every day. It's so nice to not have to get up early and go out in the bad weather and you'll like that alot. Are you going to stay with your trailer at the campground all summer this year?

That corgi :) said...

I think at this season of your life, Ma, the slow dance is a wonderful one to do and it is soooo close in sight!

betty

Joyful Days said...

Glad that you can see the slower life on the horizon!! Wish things would slow down here a little bit. But I should be grateful for all that keeps me busy I suppose.

Have a blessed day, MA!!

scrappy quilter said...

I'm so very excited for you. I know you're going to love the SLOW DANCE even more once you're finished work. Can't wait to hear all that God has in store for you. Hugs

Sybil said...

Not long now Ma..only another coule of weekend and you will be FREE FREE FREE....
Been meaning to ask is the person who is taking over from you ok ?
Much Love sybil xx

grammy said...

Love that poem
did you write it yourself?
2 more weeks
That time will go really fast
have a great weekend (o:

Connie said...

Oh, I'm envious of you! I love my job but I'm really wondering when things will slow down! When I was younger, I always thought grandmothers stayed home and did fun things with the grandkids! It's not the case for me!

Take care and have a great weekend.

Ora said...

wow...Ma...you have a
"short timers calender" LOL...that is what we called it in the Military when retirement was in the works for someone...they always got a "short timers calendar"...LOL...I know you are so looking forward to it all..and the time to spend with the family...and camping...and sleeping in...LOL...and yes...even staying up later at night!!!! God Bless...hugs...Ora in KY ps..and I am definitely in the "slow dancing" catagory these days!!

Sharon's Cottage Quilts said...

Good Morning MA! Only a few more days now! Good for you! It won't be long now and you will be out in your camper with all of your family! God bless you today...and enjoy your dance!!!
Hugs~Sharon