It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Chapter 3, Page 25, Book 10


Celebrating Thankful Thursday!

It takes guts to do the dance every day!

A while back some one very dear to me was having a really rough time and I saw a cute plaque in the store so I picked it up for her.

It read something like this: Put on your big girl panties and get on with it.

There are so many times I’d like to forget I’m a big girl. I’d love to be running home to my mom each day and have her arms around me and comfort me like the child I once was. I haven’t been able to that in years and years now. My childhood days are long over and it’s up to me to do whatever needs be done. I don’t have an option to just sit this dance out.

We need to dress for the dance and be prepared for what each new day might bring

The best way to dress up is to put on a smile. A smile is an inexpensive way to improve your looks. The Lord does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at outward appearance; but the Lord looks at the heart.

And we need to stand up and in order to go dancing… Stand Up!!... For what you believe in. Stand for something or you will fall for anything..

I’m so thankful for the chance to dance each day!

Have a THANKFUL Thursday everyone!

‘On Ya’- ma

PS My computer takes a little longer loading now so I just wait and then everything seems to work ok. I’m going to put off taking it in for repairs and see what happens.

I’ve started making my entries in the evening now for the next day to allow for more time.

5 comments:

Hollie said...

I hope you have a wonderful Thursday! Supposed to be raining here.

scrappy quilter said...

It's interesting because I'm finding blogger is loading very slowly too and my computer is quite new. Like you I just wait a bit and it loads. Only a few more days dear friend and then you can take on the world!!! Hugs

Kathy said...

Great post, I have been off here for a couple of weeks. I hope I didn't miss your retirement. How many days are left if I didn't?

grammy said...

Keep right on dancing girlfriend
I am glad we can run to our Fathers arms
your computer sounds like it is being a pain
sorry for that

That corgi :) said...

love your new blogger picture, Ma; soon you will be back there enjoying and making wonderful memories

you are so right that the Lord looks at the heart and he also looks for those that need a tender touch, those anxious, worried, etc; heard on the radio that he reaches out to those (thank the Lord since I'm one of those :)

I agree with you; always good to go out with a smile on your face to face whatever may be ahead in the new day

betty