It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, March 22, 2010

Chapter 3, Page 22, Book 10


Hope is the ability to hear the music of the future; but faith is having the courage to dance to it today!

Author Unknown

CELEBRATING MERRY MONDAY

(MORE THOUGHTS ON DANCING WITH THE LORD)

Grace Guts and Gusto!

Dancing through life with grace, guts and gusto isn’t as hard as we might think it would be. It is like fancy foot work for the soul.

Each day the rhythm or the steps may be different, but as long as we’ve a good partner we won’t stumble or skip a step. Having a good partner means having someone that cares and guides you. Someone that isn’t afraid to be strong and take the lead.

Sometimes we dance the day away at slow time, others times we waltz the day away. Slow or fast the dance is always going on.

I took the lead in the dance for awhile and then I found out that following was much easier and so much more worthwhile. Now I can dance to just about any tune and love it.

Life is the dance, my partner is the Lord. He may send a few others along the way to support and guide, but he always lets me know that the dance is His and he chooses the tempo.

If life is trying it’s best to get me down He picks up the beat, twirling me around with a promise of delight.

Have a Merry Monday everyone!

‘On Ya’-ma

6 comments:

That corgi :) said...

beautiful post, Ma; I loved how you described your dancing partner with the Lord and how he leads you and keeps you safe on the dancing floor of life!!

may you indeed have a Merry Monday!

betty

Ora said...

Hi Ma..thanks for making my "monday" day a good one..we have rain...but that is ok...we needed some...just happy it is white and flaky LOL..and even tho I am not a dancer..I am a foot tapper...to music...or hummer..when the tune is right..you always seem to know what to say to make a happy day for all of us...enjoy your lunch!!! hugs from Ora in KY

scrappy quilter said...

Hope you have a wonderful Monday too. Is this your last week of work? Hugs

Ally Lifewithally said...

thanks for a lovely read ~ "A Merry Monday" to you ~ Ally x

grammy said...

What a great thought
dancing with the Lord
I am sure the minute I touch his hand
my feet will gracefully follow His lead.
Today is my Granddaughters BD
What a great Monday that makes (lo:

Hollie said...

Life is the dance, my partner is the Lord....Oh how I love that! Thanks for sharing this beautiful entry with us!