It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Chapter 3, Page 2, Book 10

It’s Celebrate Your Name Week

Name Days are widely known and celebrated. Each first name is assigned to one day of the calendar, based on religious traditions, historical events, birthday of a famous person who had the same first name, or on other facts.

It is like having a second birthday. And yes, nobody will ask you about your age

I found out that my name day is December 2nd and that Pamela is of Greek origin, and its meaning is honey; all sweetness

I am mostly know as ‘ma’ but I really do have a name.

Over and over again I’ve noticed that people often match their names. Isn’t it strange that we equate faces and names like that.

It’s fun to find out what your name means and what day is your name day. You can just put your name in and Google it. That’s what I did.

Have a terrific Tuesday everyone!

‘On Ya’ - ma

8 comments:

Kath said...

The site I googled came up with this for my name Ma.Kathleen is Irish but did say origin Greek.My number was 7 but didn't give a month.Meaning was:-
Pure Inventive - Imaginative, resourceful,eccentric,quiet and thoughtful.I had fun on Google reading quite a few names.Have a Terrific Tuesday,Take Care God Bless.Kath xx

That corgi :) said...

your name definitely fits your character, Pam! You are a very sweet lady!

I quickly googled Betty and saw that it meant "God's promise" since my name is a derivitive of Elizabeth although Betty is my given name. Couldn't come up with a date of the year yet but will play around with it later when I have more time

very fascinating info about this, Pam. I didn't realize names were assigned dates in the year, that's kind of neat to know :)

betty

grammy said...

Pamela...thanks for doing the research for me...now I know my second BD. I think you are sweet and don't tell anyone, but I think I am sweet too (o:
Pam

Sybil said...

1Coudn't find where I was supposed to be looking Ma !! but did find that my name day on one site was 8th Sept. and my name Sybil means a Prophetes !!Unlike Kath I coudn't find a number of a meaning other than being a Prophet !
Hope you have had as lovely a day as we have, spring is on it's way. hip hip hooray,
Love sybil xx

Angie said...

A Spanish friend told me that Name Days are very important in Spain and everyonr is blessed with one. On that day and on your birthday you would expect to celebrate. Needless to say it doesn't happen in England!

I love hte idea though so I'm googling mine this minute.

Angie said...

It sems to depend whether I'm a Greek Angela or an Italian one. I'm neither but as there isn't an English one, I'll choose the Greek and celebrate on 8th Nov

Martha's Menagerie said...

All sweetness fits you well :-)
I didn't match my name when I was younger but I think I definitely do now. I've thought about changing my user name to Aunt Martha, it's fitting!

Jerry Hill, founder Celebrate Your Name Week said...

Thanks for celebrating with us! All best wishes, Jerry