It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Chapter 3, Page 18, Book 10


In our daily lives, we must see that it is not happiness that makes us grateful, but the gratefulness that makes us happy

CELEBRATING THANKFUL THURSDAY!

I’ve got another long list of things to be thankful for this week. It is a blessing when your joys out number your sorrows for sure.

I’m very thankful for the mild weather we have had so far this March. Some warm evenings in the sun have improved my attitude and waken up this winter weary body of mine.

The phone call I got from DS#4 this week was a joyful one. I’m so thankful for the laughter his son’s share. Hearing them long distance isn’t as great as seeing them in person, but they sure do brighten my day! I call them my ‘sunshine’ boys and they live up to their name.

I’m always thankful for all my family as they are truly the joy of my life.

I’m thankful a replacement was found for me and am praying all will go well as our training days proceed.

I remain thankful too for my health that remains good and that finally I’ll be able to enjoy my family and grandchildren more as I won’t have to always be working.

And last but not least, I’m thankful for the wonderful Polish bakery that managed to do such fine work for St. Patrick’s day…they must have a little Irish in them as I bought some wonder Irish Soda bread there yesterday and it was delicious!

Have a THANKFUL Thursday!

‘On Ya’-ma

7 comments:

peggy said...

It is wonderful what the pleasant weather can do for our spirits, that and knowing that things are coming together for you. I'm so glad, you seem happy this morning. Thank you for all your visits to me and taking time to comment. It's going to be a bright, sunshiny day.

Cindi said...

closer to getting to the camp ground...bet your excited about that!!! have a great day
xoxoxo

That corgi :) said...

family is always wonderful to be thankful for and I know them and you will enjoy the extra time you will have for them once you retire

yum on that bread, but you know what they say, everyone is Irish on St. Patrick's Day :)

hoping it is a good day for you

betty

grammy said...

talking about an Irish bakery
I looked for a place that would have cabbage burgers and the only place I found only had them on Friday...how silly
why not on St. Patrick
s day
oh well
I too have so many things to be thankful for
you always help remind me (o:

Ora said...

Hey Ma..catching up here...and boy that sitting in the sun is wonderful isn't it...same here...sunshine, warm...wonderful feeling of comfort to the body..and yes..you are blessed to be able to talk with your sons even long distance...wish that was an option for me...but isn't so I am thankful for this internet and emails LOLOL..yes..and hey...you were doing something beneficial..you were upgrading your body for better living...LOLOL...I am rambling here...hugs to ya...Ora in KY

Sybil said...

I am sure blessed to have you as a friend Ma on this thankful Thursday. I also have a friend called Pam who my Mum always called "Pammy Sunshine" as she always had/has such a lovely smile and sunny disposition...she is another think I am truly thankful for this thankful Thursday..
Much Love Sybil x

Lori J said...

Dearest Journal Friend,

It is always so encouraging to read your entries.
May I extend Belated Happy Birthday greetings.
I do not have an ounce of Irish in me but there was Lori in her green hair, green hat and everything (including the eye shadow) GREEN GREEN>...I am sure a few of the resort residents thought oh my what a strange lady..
I went around with my shamrock design cupcake holders filled with Skittles and a holder of all sorts of tea in green packages..

Praying for you and yours.

Love ALBERTA Lori (temporarily transplanted in Tucson)