It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, March 15, 2010

Chapter 3, Page 15, Book 10


The Ides of March is the first day of the Roman New Year. It also marks the first day of spring in the Roman calendar.

On this day in history, Julius Caesar was warned by soothsayers to beware of the Ides of March. Apparently, he did not heed the warning strongly enough as he was stabbed by Marcus Brutus on the Ides of March in 44 BC.

CELEBRATING MERRY MONDAY

This is a date I always look forward to because that terrible SAD disease that is so bothersome for me finally starts to fade and before long now I’ll feel s-o-o-o much better. With more daylight I truly feel like a different person.

I’ve plans for spending lots of time outdoors in the days ahead. Soaking up the sunshine is something I need to do. I know they say the sun’s rays are not all that good for you, but the benefits for me are invaluable. I do put some sun screen on when it gets hot out and wear my UV sunglasses. A little protection doesn’t hurt.

Last week we had very Spring like weather with temps above normal for us, so I’ve already begun my metamorphosis. I’m coming out of the hibernation mode and blossoming. I’m like those tulips buried in the dirt. As they come to life so shall I.

I'm a Little Flower Bulb

I'm a little flower bulb, small and brown,
Buried in the cool, dark ground.
As the days grow warmer, watch and see,
I'll sprout through the earth -- Yippee!

Growing, growing, growing every day,
Sprouting leaves that gently sway,
Next comes a bud and then a flower --
A face to shine 'neath sun and showers


I found that little ditty on line. It’s a children’s song but I couldn’t resist posting it

Have a MERRY Monday everyone!

‘On Ya’-ma

7 comments:

Hollie said...

I hate the time change in the morning but love it in the evening. SO it all works out! Have a great day!

Sharon's Cottage Quilts said...

Good Morning MA! And lots of sunshine to you!! I feel the so much the same, when the weather warms up...so do I!! I love the longer days so much. Good luck this week I hope that you found someone at work!!
Thinking of you,
Sharon

scrappy quilter said...

Hope you have a wonderful Monday and a great week. Hugs

Sybil said...

It is great to hear that you are once again coming to life ! me too as the sun has been shining for us these last three days and a few more to come they say.
Much Love Sybilxx

grammy said...

Glad you are getting sun and feeling better
The older I get
I sooo understand the Snow Bird retired people.
Follow the sun and rejoice in it
I can't leave my Grandkids
soooo
I guess I will just stick with Colorado Winter
at least we have sun even if it is cold (o:

That corgi :) said...

I think sun is good for us, as long as we put that sunscreen on and wear a broad-rim hat. It is good to feel the warmth against our skin! So glad you are feelng better with the light and that nasty SAD is gone for this year (hopefully)

I was just telling my husband to beware of the Ides of March yesterday and wondered if today would be blustery, but it was not

betty

Buttercup said...

I loved walking home from the subway while it was still light. Hurray for us! Now I just want to shed wool and winter coats and get myself outside.