It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Chapter 3, Page 14, Book 2010


I Try to Make the Light in Others' Eyes My Sun

Helen Keller

Daylight Savings Time begins today in the USA – Hope you set your clocks ahead 1 hour!

I think that when God gives you something good, you ought to share it with people. He didn’t give us Daylight Savings Time, we humans created that, but He sure did give us Daylight!

He gives us that gift every morning. How blessed we are. It would be devastating to me to have to live in the dark all the time. In the winter time I’m always going around the house lighting candles to chase the gloom of the dreary days and long nights away.

When the light fades or vanishes altogether, we no longer see things as they really are. In the heart of the night we can feel frightened and insecure, and we impatiently await the coming of the light of dawn

Our lives will either shed light or cast a shadow. I always have believed that there’s lots of opportunity to shine for all of us. It’s not some scarce commodity. Each of us has within ourselves the ability to be encouraging and kind to someone every day.

A smile is the light in the window of your face that tells people you're at home

Author Unknown

The cure for this depression is, of course, light and lots of it. Nearly everything we do is affected in some way by the quantity and quality of light. Energy, productivity and mental acuteness are significantly increased by exposure to natural light

Our thoughts are different in the daylight. It's amazing what a little light, a little change of perspective, a little more ability to see where we're going, can do.

No one lights a lamp and then puts it under a bushel

Matthew 5:15

This Spring as we have longer days and more sunshine, I’m going to try to glow a little brighter for sure. I hope your Sunday is a full of that wonderful R & R and that you’ll be renewed and refreshed so that you can shine a little brighter too!

As always you all are in my thoughts and prayers.

‘On Ya’-ma

6 comments:

Angie said...

"Jesus bids us shine witha pure clear light, like little candle burning in the night". Your posting immediately brought this children's hymn to mind. We have a couple more weeks before our clocks go forward but I'm really looking forward to it this year. Usually I'm not too bothered.

Sybil said...

We have another few weeks of winter till we change our clocks at the end of the month Ma...still I can see a big difference in the light in the evenings on a sunny day such as today the light won't need to be put on till around 6pm//it is such a blessing to see the sun shine. I don't know how the folks in the Scandinavian Country's cope with almost 6 months of darkness and 6 months of non stop light...
Love Sybil xx

scrappy quilter said...

We went o DST too here in Canada. It gives us longer days which I love. Great post!! Hugs

Buttercup said...

It was dark when I got up this morning. I'd been spoiled by getting up in the light lately. Of course I am going to be very happy for the extra hour of light tonight, and I'll just about be leaving work in the light now for the next eight months! Hope you're having a good Sunday and sending lots of good wishes across the miles.

That corgi :) said...

I think God gave us two wonderful gifts of light, the sun and Hia Son :) now we in turn must remember to reach out and spread that light to a dark world that needs to hear the Truth and see the Light of the World. Hoping you got plenty of sunlight today, Ma, and that you had a restful Sunday

betty

Joann said...

I love reading your entries, you're SO wise!! I love daylight savings time, but HATE the scorching heat of summer... but spring is nice. = )