It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Chapter 3, Page 13, Book 10


The top of a hill is the landmark that divides the climb up from the way down. It marks a very definite change of direction. It is the resting point between the first and second half of our day and our lives

Margaret Silf

I saw the quote above in one of my daily meditations yesterday and felt like it was describing me right now.


Fleetwood Mac and the Dixie Chicks both have sung a song that says Will the landslide bring me down. I love that song. I really do relate with it and I feel like I’m at the top of a hill. My life is definitely on the brink of change. It’s not the first time something monumental has brought change into my life. Change is a good thing I think as we never want to be stagnant and dull. But I do a lot of praying that the good Lord will be gentle with me as I journey on in life.

The song also says…children grow older and I’m growing older too…

Oh yes, the age thing is really hitting home here. Perhaps I’m not in the middle of my life, probably I’m over the hill as they say, but I feel like this is a new beginning for me. I’m so in awe of what the NEXT TWENTY YEARS may bring in my life.

I read a blog yesterday that talked about how they felt in each decade of their lives and they said something to the effect that what had always sustained them still did.

I feel like that too in the fact that no matter what age we are, I think the things we consider important in our lives really do never change. They remain and are always with us. We just have to remember that and not fear the path ahead.

So if you see my reflection in the snow covered hill….well maybe…maybe…

The land slide will bring me down…

Have a SUPER SATURDAY everyone!!!

‘On Ya’-ma

The pictures today are courtesy of Google images

7 comments:

Rose said...

The sun is trying to come out and I do hope my friends that are arriving today from Boston will be able to enjoy normal South Florida weather!

We had a terrible winter and I wasn't able to go into the pool not once which is quite unusual for my neck of the woods.

Enjoy your Saturday!

scrappy quilter said...

One of the best times of our lives has been since we both retired. We love it. We've had some major changes just in the past month which at first were really scarey, however now have brought total peace. I've never done well with changes and yet each one has brought me better things. I pray that this change in your life will too. Love

Ora said...

LOL...oh Ma...I definitely feel that I am "over the hill"...but cannot complain about my life...it has been a journey!!!! someone ask if there was anything I would change...I said "I don't think so" because if I changed anything..it would upset the balance of my life as it is..and maybe alot of the goodness I have had...would not have come by!!! does that make sense??? LOLOL...hugs and God Bless...Ora in KY

Sybil said...

These are so true words Ma...I think it is only natural for us all to be a little apprehensive when changes appear in our lives but it is only when we look back that we truly see how good these changes were !
Much Love Sybil xx

Kath said...

I agree with Sybil here Ma,I don't like changes,but they have all proved for the better in my life.A change is as good as a rest,so the saying goes.So if we make changes its far better than resting and doing nothing,that gets us knowhere.I know you will enjoy your changes shortly.Have a Blessed Sunday tomorrow.Take Care God Bless Kath xx

grammy said...

I am excited for you
life will bring new and exciting things your way
keep holding on
you are in for an exciting ride

That corgi :) said...

I do like that song too, Ma. I do think every decade or season of our lives hold promise in them if we seek what God will have us do. I know your next season will be a good one for you and your family and I hope it is one that lasts for many wonderful years

betty