It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, March 12, 2010

Chapter 3, Page 12, Book 10


Look at the birds of the air . . . . Are you not of more value than they?

Matthew 6:26

That doesn't mean we get what we need by doing nothing. Birds must scratch and search for food. The point is, they don't worry about it.

Birds are absolutely fascinating to watch. Twig by twig birds will construct a bowl-shaped home in a bush and then lay eggs and keep them warm until they are hatched. Last summer one little brown wren constantly tried to build a nest in my picnic table umbrella. During the week it was closed up and then on the weekend I’d open it up and out would fall all the twigs. Toward the middle of summer she must have found another place to nest as I didn’t find any more twigs.

Why we humans insist on worrying is beyond me. But we do. Worry does not change the tide nor can it change my circumstances.

Today is Fantastic Friday and I’m going to do my very best to let go of all the concerns of this work week and be like those little birdies and sing. It’s FRIDAY!!!


I sing because I'm happy,
I sing because I'm free,
For His eye is on the sparrow,
And I know He watches me

By lyricist Civilla D. Martin and composer Charles H. Gabriel - 1905

Have a FANTASTIC Friday everyone!

‘On Ya’-ma

8 comments:

That corgi :) said...

I often wonder why I worry too, Ma. Constant struggle with me to not and to just trust in God; I do remember that Scripture often as well as the one about the lilies in the field

Hope you have a Fantastic Friday and a restful weekend! I was reminded on the news this morning that we change the clocks this weekend :)

betty

scrappy quilter said...

What a great post. I'm learning more everyday to give all to Him which means any worries that pop up. I read a book years ago Don't Sweat the Small Stuff, it's all Small stuff. In the book it said...90% of what we worry about doesn't happen and the other 10% takes care of itself. So very true. Have a wonderful Friday dear friend. Hugs

Ora said...

Hi Ma...well worry seems useless but we all do it..right?? and for me...the birds always make a nest in my hanging baskets...usually ferns...on the front porch...we have to check daily...cause after they have nested and eggs are there...the plant can die before I would mess with it LOL..hubby gets perterbed (SP) at me...but I don't care...LOL...and as usual your post just gave me that bit of blessing for the day...God Bless...hugs...Ora

Sybil said...

I was just saying to another blogger today Ma that there are so many things that are priceless and one of these thinge is to stand on the doorstep in the early morning and listen to the wee birds as they whistle their little songs they have no thought to what the day ahead may have...
I do wish we could learn from them and worry less !!
Much Love Sybil x

Kath said...

Like Marie said in her blog today, yes it's wonderful to hear the birds sing and I once watched a tiny wren build it's nest in a basket hung on my porch Ma.I put artificial flowers in there that year for that reason and I watched it every day it was wonderful.Worrying doesn't do any good at all true but we all seem to at some stages in our lives.So i'll join you in not doing so this week.Have a fantastic evening I am late commenting today.Take Care God bless Kath xx

Sharon's Cottage Quilts said...

Dear MA, what a wonderful post! I feel like it is speaking directly to me. Thank you for the reminder. As I read it, I could feel the tension in my shoulders relax, and I wondered how I forgot that the Lord is in control. I think I may have a wonderful, and restful nights sleep.
Thank you MA for the wisdom that you pass along to us each day.
Blessings~Sharon

grammy said...

I was singing that song in my head as I read the words (o: Have a great weekend and don't think about work... be a little bird this weekend (o:

Dad said...

Good for you, I am going to join you and not worry about anything this weekend. Thanks for the good advice. DAD