It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Chapter 3, Page 11, Book 10

>

CELEBRATING THANKFUL THURSDAY!

There has been so much in my life that I’ve been thankful for lately that this list might be a little long today


I was so thankful to be able to gather with family this past weekend. Saturday we spent the day at DS#6’s house. I got to hold his son, my 13th grandchild and also to celebrate March birthdays. DDIL#6 and I blew out our birthday cake candles together. I received some very nice gifts, one of which was a box of crafts and a book about doing them too from DS#1’sfamily. I also received a lovely card from DS#2 who even though he’s traveling for work right now took time out to wish me a happy birthday.


On Sunday I was treated to dinner by DS#5 and his wife and DD and her hubby. After that I spent a couple of pleasurable hours visiting with my 2 sisters. Oh and I got more gifts too!

On Monday morning I received a call from our Princess and Prince Charming wishing me a happy birthday and I got phone calls from DS#6 and DS#5 in the evening and my neighbor came by with a beautiful plant and a bag full of books.

On Tuesday I received roses from DS#4 and his family and a gift certificate that I’ll use to buy some books from DS#3 and family.

Wednesday brought some much warmer weather and even though there was a shower, most of the day was dry and the sunshine even popped out awhile. For the first time in ages I switch from my wool socks to lighter weight cotton ones and my feet were warm!

That is really something to be thankful for !



The snow is really melting here and I’m thankful for that for sure.

So today I’m a very thankful lady, I hope your Thursday is a THANKFUL one too!

‘On Ya’-ma

11 comments:

Kath said...

Wow what a lot of Thankfuls ma.All of them much deserved.It's been quite a week for you,gifts meals out phone calls how lovely.I hope you have a lovely day today too.I'm stillin th ethinck socks here He-He.The sun is just coming out but it's still very cold.Not to worry I am thankful I am around to see the sun shine and read your inspiring blog.Thankyou for sharing your Birthday with us all.Take Care God Bless Kath xx

Barbara said...

13th grand child. How blessed you are.

Sharon's Cottage Quilts said...

Happy Birthday Ma~~! Boy, you have so much going on this week! It sounds like you were very very blessed on your birthday! I am thankful for you and your encouraging words each morning.
Blessings and Happy Birthday Again,
Sharon

Hollie said...

Sounds like a wonderful birthday! I'm so glad it was such a wonderful day!

Rose said...

You are tuly blessed with a lovely family.

Happy Birthday!

Hugs, Rose

Angie said...

I love reading about our family Pam. What a blessing thwy are to you. It's clear your birthday was a great dsy so now I wish you a happy upcoming year.

Sybil said...

What a wonderfl week of blessings you have had MA.. and Thursday is another blessing ..only on more day to work !!
what a wonderful family you have Ma what a great Mother you have been,
Much Love Sybil xx

scrappy quilter said...

What a wonderful list of thankfuls . Don't you just that we can be thankful for all things. It does my heart good to read blogs that do these. The snow is melting here like crazy, actually too fast because they are now predicting flooding again along the Red River. Hopefully it will slow down some. Hugs

grammy said...

Sounds absolutely wonderful (o:
Being with all of them is the best...but gifts are sweet
makes us feel special (o:
Sounds like a great get together
Our kids and Grands are definitely something to be thankful for

Ora said...

Hi Ma...and happy belated birthday to you...and so happy to know you had a "blessed" happy day with the family and friends...and a bag of books...wow...best gift yet??? LOL...thanks for stopping by and giving me so many words of encouragement!! I really appreciate your blog...love and hugs from Ora in KY

That corgi :) said...

so neat Pam that your birthday celebration and gifts were spread out over a few days, made it last longer! And what wonderful gifts you got (but of course you are wonderful so no surprise you would be "spoiled" on your special day!) neat with the socks! I know what you mean; I lived in wool socks a lot in Montana :)

and look what tomorrow is! Friday!!

betty