It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Chapter 3, Page 10, Book 10


Life is like riding a bicycle - in order to keep your balance, you must keep moving

Albert Einstein

By mid week I usually feel like my energy is fading fast. It is a real challenge to get through the day but after it is over, I’m on a roll and before I know it the work week is over .

It’s no different this morning. I’m sipping the good coffee and trying hard to wake up here.

The boss has now done 3 interviews for my replacement and has another one to do today. He’s liked them all so making a decision won’t be easy for him.

I hope by the end of the week he’ll have decided so just maybe sometime next week I can begin training someone. I’m getting so anxious to be done with it all.

On one hand it is the same old thing day in and day out and on the other hand it’s exciting knowing I won’t be doing any of it for much longer.

It is WONDERFUL Wednesday! And I’m going to do my best to make it a great day!

I hope you are too!

‘On Ya’-ma

8 comments:

Kathy said...

I'll bet you are counting the minutes. I remember when I retired I did that. And then for the first several months I felt as though I was on vacation. I didn't know what retired felt like so it just seemed like a vacation to me. Now I wonder how I ever found time to work and do the other things I do all day. Have a wonderful day.

Hollie said...

I know you are looking forward to being DONE with it all! I'm excited for you!

Sharon's Cottage Quilts said...

Oh MA, I'm so excited for you!! And happy that there are so many people that your boss likes, better that then liking none right?? God Bless you friend as you train the new person...
Hugs~Sharon

scrappy quilter said...

Awe friend, the promise of those wonderful days of retirement, doing what you choose, when you choose and how. We absolutely love our retirement days. Hope the rest of the week goes quickly and you boss finds the perfect person to replace you. Hugs

Kath said...

You will be sat sipping that good cup of coffee soon and not having to think of driving to work before you know where you are Ma.The days and weeks are passing so quickly.Pleased to know they are nice people who are applying for your position.Lets hope they are quick learners.I know something for sure,they couldn't wish for a better tutor.Have a Wonderful Wednesday.Take Care God Bless Kath xx

grammy said...

I have had a great Wed. so far
made green pudding with daycare
finger painted with it
went for a walk
then put them all to BED
now I am having coffee (o:

That corgi :) said...

that's good the boss has found people he likes to take your place. Now it will be nice if he can narrow it down sooner than later! I think once a replacement is hired, you probably will feel a bit less anxious about it all, but so good to know the end is in sight!

betty

Sybil said...

Hope that it was a good day. It is such a shame that the boss is taking such a time to decide who to have, I think he wll knows that he won't get anyone as good efficiant and trustworthy as you are...big changes for you all are ahead. Only hope you get on with whoever takes over that will be the hard part I think...
Much Love Sybil xx