It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, February 08, 2010

Chapter 2, Page 8, Book 10

This is the entrance to the Renaissance Festival

that my family and I attended a few years ago.

CELEBRATING MONDAY

It's the beginning of yet another week and I’m going to try and look at it as new beginning too. If I’m very lucky my internet connection now allows me to add pictures to my posts so today you’ll see some from my memory book. If you see graphics instead you’ll know that my connection wasn’t so great

Monday's are hard, but they don't have to be sad. I’ve been counting down the days till Spring and today there are only 40 days of winter left.

It was a beautiful end of summer day.

Blue skies and green trees are a treat to remember at this time of year.

We can start the work week without being overwhelmed, scattered, disorganized, and perhaps in a bad mood. Mondays are a bit of a drag for many of us. We feel our weekends are inadequate to accomplish everything that we want to—we tend to over-plan and underachieve

I’ve found that the secret to happier Mondays is to have a great Sunday.

Getting a few things ready ahead of time like the clothes I’ll be wearing to work and planning what I want to pack for lunch help out a lot.


Here we all are in costume. I was the one almost in the middle with the green and white dress on.

Along with that is getting your proper rest. If I’m tired nothing ever goes right. So I’ve made it a habit to get to bed early and get the sleep I need.

Don’t forget to add a little humor to your day.

Remember…

Every survival kit should include a sense of humor

Author Unknown

This is our Princess and Our Star enjoying the day!

It’s Merry Monday

Hope your day is a merry one too! I’m planning on being the life of the party!

‘On Ya’-ma

7 comments:

Kath said...

Wow the pictures are lovely,you all look amazing.It's great fun when lots of the family can gather together for outings.What lovely sweet smiles on the faces of Princess and Star's faces,they would win a prize.It looks a lovely day there Ma,that sunshine will be worth waiting for.I am giving it my best today,even though we have had more snow,and it's bitter cold Brrr.I have just wrote out all my Valentine cards.I'm praying for you an easy day at work,safe journeys home.Saty warm.Thankyou for sharing the wonderful pictures.Take Care God Bless Kath xx

Ally Lifewithally said...

Loved your pictures ~ such Happy memories they must bring back to you ~ Ally x

That corgi :) said...

I enjoyed looking at the pictures from the Renaissance Festival, Ma; looks like it was a fun event and you all were enjoying yourself; how cute with all of you in costumes too!

wow only 40 days until spring! it will be here before you know it!

betty

Sonya said...

Yes, having everything ready helps. I panic at NOT having things ready for Monday. lol I am way tooooo absent minded so I have to over compensate with too much organization to make life work. ha! Have a good week.

scrappy quilter said...

heh there friend, have you counted the days until your retirement? Just curious. Mondays usually aren't too bad for me because I don't work outside the home unless it's casual at the library every now and then. We continue to get snow here so it's piling up. I was telling hubby I'm so looking forward to spring. Hugs

grammy said...

I feel very blessed to work at home. Mondays are not bad at all...actually I have only two kids on this day and one is my own Granddaughter...so i look forward to it.
Loved the pictures you shared. looks like great fun.

Sharon's Cottage Quilts said...

Hi MA!! I love seeing those pictures of your beautiful family! The day was gorgeous too! It's coming-Spring, that is....it's coming! We've had over a foot of snow these last two days. I can imagine you've had your share too. Whew! I think I've seen enough snow this year!
Blessings, and looking forward to greener pastures!! (smiling)
Sharon