It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, February 06, 2010

Chapter 2, Page 6, Book 10

>


CELEBRATING SATURDAY!

My Saturdays are all packed full of things I want to get done and this one is no different than most. There are household chores to do and crafts just waiting for me to finish and new ones to start.

Another work week has left me down and out of energy and although I’d like nothing better than to sit and read or laze about, it just isn’t going to happen today. More snow has fallen and that always means work too.

So I’ll be celebrating this day doing what I can with whatever oomph is left. There may not be much of it to go around, but I’m going to try.

The winter wind has been blowing my wind chimes out on the porch so I’ll have music to work by. They do say music rejuvenates you, maybe it will help.

What’s a party without music anyway?

Other folks I know are celebrating Super Bowl Sunday tomorrow, but here at my house I’m celebrating Super Saturday.

Hope your day is a super one too!

‘On Ya’-ma

8 comments:

scrappy quilter said...

I had had to work all week at the library, this morning included. I feel like you do...not much omphf left in me. Hopefully this afternoon I'll be able to get some quilting done when I get home although I have to do laundry and bake bread. Hope you have a great Sat. Try to get some rest too, okay. Hugs

Sybil said...

Love your new LOVE picture Ma..you do put on the loveliest things for us to feast our eyes on.
Hope tha today is passing nicely for you and that you are good and warm and making progress with your crafts !
Love Sybil xx

Hollie said...

I'm celebrating Super Saturday too. My windchimes are playing a tune also. It's been rainy, windy & messy since Thursday. Where's Spring when you need it?

ADB said...

Hope the snow comes to an end soon, Ma. Have a great weekend.

The Lucy and Dick Show said...

Ooooh! That red banner photo at the top is to die for! No football thingy here at our house. If it doesn't burn fuel, we don't care! (Watching Daytona practice as I blog!)

Jenny said...

Like your 'love' in your picture. Sorry you've had a hard day because of the snow. I'm away at a christian teaching conference all next week so i'm hoping the snow stays away. Hope you have a more restful week even with work.
Jenny <><

That corgi :) said...

love your new blogger picture Ma; so appropriate for the month of February

sounds like you had a great Saturday planned with a little of that and a litte of this to keep you busy; do allow yourself a bit of a rest too :)

betty

Joann said...

Although I'm really doing fun stuff this weekend, I feel the need to rest... I'm drained from an emotional week... I think I'll come home early tonight and get to bed early. Hope your tomorrow lets you rest, too!!