It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, February 05, 2010

Chapter 2, Page 5, Book 10

>


Often we never notice what has been done, but only what remains to be done, Today I’m celebrating those things I have accomplished and am not going to think about the what has not been finished.

We need to put our focus on what has been accomplished and give some praise to those around us for their accomplishments too. Praise children, colleagues, friends and partners for efforts and progress.

Giving our selves a little pat on the back and giving some praise to others is a way to give an extra boost to our days for sure.

The truth is, there will never be enough time to get everything done

You can face overwhelming challenges, and still make each day purposeful, by keeping focused on what you want to do. We also need to be willing to say No when asked to add responsibilities that are not in harmony with our goals.

Life is not meant to be a struggle but a balanced and joyful journey

Just a little note about yesterday:

The laugh was on me…

I did go out the door to go to work and was ready to take that deep breath of the fresh morning air as I said in yesterday’s entry and what to my surprise should I smell but La Pew! The neighborhood skunk had come out of hibernation and the air was full of his scent…

I guess they do mate in early spring and come out of their winter homes so maybe it is true…Spring is on the Way.

‘On Ya’-ma

6 comments:

peggy said...

Maybe the neighborhood skunk is reading your blog! I appreciate what you wrote that we will never get everything done. These days seem like I get less and less or maybe it just bothers me more and it is no different than it ever was. Perhaps. Have a nice weekend, and thanks for visiting me often.

Angie said...

I can't imagine what skunk must smell like but I'm told it's not exactly Chanel No. 5!

That corgi :) said...

LOL Ma about the skunk, I almost wrote in my comment last night that I hoped you didn't smell one, too funny you did and they are just such a strong odor, aren't they?

good reminder for us to encourage others for their accomplishments, no matter how small, and to give ourselves pats on the backs too

have a great weekend :)

betty

scrappy quilter said...

That is too funny about the skunk. Life is full of fun surprises. Love it!! (we often get the pig barn smells if the wind is the right way.) Hugs

Sybil said...

Thankfully Ma we don't have any skunks here to pollute the air !!But as I live in the country there are a lot of farmers who spread slurry on their fields and that can really pong !! worse when you open the door in the morning !!
Hope you have had a good day and are now looking forward to a lovely weekend.
Love Sybil xx

Kath said...

Oh! I have the worst tummy out Ma for nasty smells,so I like Sybil will say I am happy we don't have skunks here.I did have a good laugh which was needed thankyou.I hope the smell has dissapeared when you get home from work.Safe journeys.Have a good day.I pat myself on the back many times Ma, living alone and the jobs I do at times.Now Wheres my electric drill gone? he-he.Take Care God Bless Kath.