It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, February 04, 2010

Chapter 2, Page 4, Book 10


Today I’m celebrating the scents that are all around us.

This morning I’ll step outside and take a deep breath of fresh air.

BrrrChill!!!


Often I can smell the fragrance of wood smoke in the air.

I love the smell of wood burning fires and very often get a whiff of one in my neighborhood. Someone close by must have a fireplace. It reminds me too of the campfires I so dearly love.


Any appealing fragrance is to be appreciated. The smell of my good coffee brewing is always comforting as I come down stairs in the morning. I have an automatic setting that makes it so I have my coffee ready and waiting for me each morning.

Today is just a beautiful day. Snow and cold may be coming our way once more, but inside it’s warm and cozy and those scented candles of mine can almost make me believe that it’s Spring.


Just being alive is a truly wonderful feeling!

Have a THANKFUL Thursday!

‘On Ya’-ma

5 comments:

scrappy quilter said...

Just being alive...I love that comment. I love the smells around me too. We often smell wood burning here too, fresh bread baking, chili on the stove. Awe nothing like the smells all around us. Hugs

grammy said...

I woke up to a dusting of snow and cold temps to match... but I am warm with my coffee and 4 little ones playing in the play room. They are pretending I am the monster...all I have to do is roar and they are happy.

Kath said...

Wood burners and coal fires I love the smell of Ma.Most of my family have open fires still and they are wonderful.It reminds me of home when I was a girl.My Father was a coal Miner so we were brought up with coal fires and burned wood too.Yes I have my candles burning all day long,the fire turned up and it.. IS.... cosy as you say.Brrrrrrrr freezing fog outside.Ive been toasting my toes with a book as usual.Safe journeys home.Take Care God Bless Kath xx

Sybil said...

My Mother used to love the smell of bonfires Ma, when we lived in Bath we were in a flat and my BIL used to phone over and say "bring Mum over I am about to light a bonfire" and I had to drive her over!! Thankfully no more snow forecast here at the moment just dull and damp...
Much Love Sybil x

That corgi :) said...

good idea to have that automatic coffee pot, Ma; especially on the cool mornings. I always enjoy when Koda and me are walking to catch the smell of someone's fire in their fireplace :)

tomorrow is Friday!!!

betty