It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Chapter 2, Page 3, Book 10


>

Yesterday I had to go out to run a few errands for work at lunch time and I saw a sight that made me chuckle. Half an hour later when I got back to the office I was still laughing. There on the corner of a very busy intersection was a man dressed up like the Statue of Liberty. He was dancing about and having a great time of it. Mind you it was bitter cold out and not a day anyone would want to stand outside for very long. It turns out he was doing some advertising for a company with the name of Liberty.


Laughter truly gives you a new faith in life. It reminds you that life is good and that everything will be fine. and it can fill us with energy and joy. Often I have days go by without anything to laugh at but myself. I always figure it’s better to laugh at myself rather than to blame myself when things go wrong. Sometimes our laughter is contagious and if we can share some of our laughter it will help others as much or more than it helped us.

Look for laughter around you and try to join in. I often thank someone for their ***BIG SMILES*** when I get a good laugh out of something I read or see here in bloggerville. It really helps me out when I’m having a bad day at work Children, of course, are some of the funniest people around and one of the best sources of laughter. One of my son’s would often give me a call just so I could hear his boys laughing. Today I’m celebrating the humor in life and my wonderful smile giving family and friends and yes, the man on the corner too!

Have a HAPPY Wednesday everyone!

I think I’ll take a drive by that intersection again.

‘On Ya’-ma

Graphics by

8 comments:

Kath said...

Laughter surely is the best medicine of the day Ma and you know me by now,I love to have a good laugh.It makes me feel a differant person.Children do make you laugh by the things they do and say,Heres one for you.

A couple of days before Christmastime my eldest Son called with my Grandaughter 6yrs old.She is very bright for her age but doesn't always get things right.She saw the Christmas wreath on my front door,and said to her Daddy

OH! Dear Daddy,
someone must have died at Grandma's house she has got a MEMORIAL on her door.Heeeeee.Where she got that one from we have no idea.

I hope this gives you a laugh,it did us.Hoping you get more smiles today.I laughed at the Statue Of Liberty guy Thankyou He-He.Take Care God Bless Kath xx

Sharon's Cottage Quilts said...

Yes, I think a sense of humor keeps us young at heart! I'm going to keep an eye out today for funnies!!
Blessings~Sharon

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Laughter is the best.....i'd rather have laugh line than frown wrinkles!!

Enjoy....LindaMay

scrappy quilter said...

Now that would make me laugh too. My hubby is one that can laugh at a pin drop. He makes life very interesting around here. Have a wonderful Wed. friend.

Linda :) said...

We have Statue of Liberties and Uncle Sams too... They're for Liberty Tax Services... Happy Wednesday!! :)

Sybil said...

I always seem to get a laugh or smile when I read what you have written every day...I have also had a laugh today at Kath's comment ! Thank youxxx
Love Sybil xx

That corgi :) said...

always fun to see those guys dressed up dancing and holding their signs, isn't it Ma? We have the same person here for the tax services; the best one I enjoy seeing is the guy for Verizon who dresses up in costumes based on the time of year and dances his heart out (even in 100+ degree weather which would be just as hard as frigid weather I think)

laughter is always good medicine for sure :)

betty

grammy said...

laughter is indeed good medicine friend(o:
laugh on....