It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, February 26, 2010

Chapter 2, Page 26, Book 10



CELEBRATING FANTASTIC FRIDAY

One kind word can warm three winter months

Japanese Proverb

Perhaps this winter seems so long because there has been very little kindness in it. It has be brutally cold and chilling. After the joy of holidays it’s been downhill as far as weather goes for sure.

As we face yet another winter storm my only good thoughts are that next winter I can hibernate. Not today though. Looking out the window I do wish I could stay in and not go out. I’m listening to the news and trying to decide whether or not to try to go to work.

The deciding factor is of course can I make it out my driveway.

Thankfully it is Friday and tomorrow I can stay in with no question.

Take good care all!

I do hope your Friday is a fantastic one!

‘On Ya’-ma

4 comments:

Kath said...

Oh this horrible weather,what can we do about it? Please don't take any risks.I do hope you get there safe and return journeys home safely too.Yeeeeeh Friday you can sit back and relax tomorrow morning when you rise.Take Care God Bless Kath xx

That corgi :) said...

be safe Ma! it will be good that next year you won't have to decide to go or stay, you'll be home. I think you raised a good point with there being little kindness in this winter. I think people are so overwhelmed with surviving and wondering how things are going to play out that they have forgotten to just be simply kind with each other. Very wise words you wrote, ones to take into consideration and see how we can spread kindness to those who need it

I hope you have a safe day today and a restful weekend

betty

Sonya said...

Hope you got to stay in!!!

JCWillow99@gmail.com said...

Hope you are snug and warm at home by now. I have been seeing on the news how the Northern States have been hit hard by the cold weather. How much snow do you guys have on the ground now?
It is cold here too, but no snow..the kids have a makeup day here tomorrow for the last snow day.