It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, February 22, 2010

Chapter 2, Page 22, Book 10

Mondays are often like the desert to me. The desert is a powerful place, it is a place where one lives on the edge. It is a place where there is little protection. It is a place where, without the trappings which go with everyday life, one is faced with great and ultimate realities

Mondays start with a bang for me, going out the door to work and diving into the payroll when I get there. I’d like a little quiet time, but that is not to be had on Monday morning.

Some think of the dessert as a quiet place to be, but there are many harsh truths there to be faced. The desert is a place of extremes where choices are more clear-cut.

It could be a thankless job or an unending routine. The desert can wear any number of faces.

There are however Oasis in the desert. Sometimes God has to take us to the barren wilderness places before he can teach us what we need to learn. Moses himself tells us that it is in order that God can humble us, and test us, that the true condition of our heart might be revealed.

God taught Moses in the Desert how to handle monotony, how to wait on God. God is not at all concerned about your concept of time. If you find yourself in the Desert school don’t despair. God has a purpose for you being there

It is there that you will learn things that you will not learn anywhere else.

The dessert is a good place to visit.

Have a Merry Monday everyone!

There is life in the Oasis!

‘On Ya’-ma

6 comments:

Sugar said...

what a blessing this entry is, to many. have a wonderful week.
huggies...

Linda :) said...

Back to work already after just getting home last night... lots to do though to keep me busy... Happy Monday!! :)

grammy said...

I like that concept
the desert
whatever it might be
can be desert school and teach us something at
Desert School

That corgi :) said...

I loved your description and writing about the desert. I am currently in the desert and this was affirmation that I believe God wants me to be there for whatever reason he has for it (took me awhile to figure that out though LOL)

soon your Mondays won't be out the door except on your schedule :)

betty

Lainey Laine said...

I love your entry, Im in a dessert at the moment with my new job at school. I like it though but I have lots to learn and be patient with myself. Laine xxx

Martha's Menagerie said...

Hope your Monday was Merry and Motivational too! Thanks for always stopping in to comment over at TMS :-)